Thursday, September 15, 2011

What I've Done this week....

We have been home for exactly 10 days now. The first few days we were home consisted of un-packing and getting settled. Once all of our stuff was put away and felt fairly in order I had to hit the books. This semester is going to be a very busy one. 4 classes is a total beat down, let me tell you! If Im not working on one class or another I still have 2 others to be working on. Hopefully I can maintain organization and get a 4.0 this semester. I really really hope I can!

Our weekend was very low key, Friday night we ordered pizza and then Saturday night we watched football. Sunday I had my long run to get in and after that I worked on a paper all day. That evening Jess cooked steaks out on Tom and Kim's grill and they were so good! The weekend was just what we needed to recover from the season.

Monday Jess hit the trot line and got us some catfish! I baked some of them that night and served them cajun style with some boiled shrimp and red potatoes. Tuesday I hit the crock pot and made a roast. I found this new website that I love that is called "Skinny Crock Pot". It has all kinds of recipes that you make only in a crock pot and are completely healthy. The roast came out delicious and Ive decided to make one recipe a week off of that website. Dont worry though my number 1 go to is still The Pioneer Woman I just wanted to branch out a bit. Last night was our 22 month anniversary (which I know last month I said it was our 22 month anny but Jess and I miscalculated). We celebrated by eating one of our faves, Sushi! We had to go to Longview for it but it is completely worth the drive and the money! Its sooooo delicious!

Today we are spending the day getting ready for us both to head out tomorrow. Jess is heading out West and I am heading to Ennis. My cousin's little girl's 2nd Birthday party is on Sunday and I havent seen my family in a while so I will be spending the weekend with them.

I hope all of you have had a great week! Talk to you soon!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment