Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Paleo Shmaleo and Painting Shmainting!

Hello there! Happy Tuesday night!

I hope the week has started off on a good note for y'all! Our week has started out good and busy again! Can't complain though, my OCD personality appreciates the busy-ness :)

We started the renovation in the Man Cave and boy let me tell you taping and painting is FOR. THE. BIRDS! I am not a fan. Thankfully though, thru the will of God we got thru it. One coat anyways, tomorrow will be part dos. (Si, I am speaking Spanish because I am deliriously tired and I think it's funny right now, lol)

Here are before and afters thus far....



We actually painted the room entirely I am just too tired to walk up the stairs and take another so this is just going to have to work for now :)

The color is "Night Flight" and it is perfect for all of Jess' memorabilia. We like how dark it is so it will make the room more "cave" like. Tomorrow we will paint again and then once we get back from Ennis/Kilgore we will peel off the tape and start decorating! That is my favorite part!!!!

Jess is still going strong with Paleo. He has lost 9 pounds in a week and a half. Our cheat days are on Saturdays and boy oh boy do we love those days! It is crazy though how crappy we feel on Sunday after we have eaten unhealthy for one day. 

I decided to document the meals I make Jess so if any of y'all were wanting to try Paleo y'all could get an idea of how and what he eats.

When he wakes up he has 2 pieces of bacon (chopped up) and 3 eggs.


 For lunch he has either leftovers from the night before or tuna, turkey, summer sausage with a mix of nuts and either grapes or plums. This is a can of tuna (dry, no condiment) a handful of pistachios, grapes and a salad with light balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

 This is dinner, Spaghetti Squash with homemade meatballs and half homemade sauce. The meatballs are just seasoned ground meat made into balls and the sauce is one can of tomato sauce (no salt added) and one small can of tomato paste (no salt added).

In between breakfast and lunch he will eat something at least once. Between lunch and dinner he will eat something 2 to 3 times and then after dinner he will eat something. These are just his main meals while the other times he is eating its a portion or serving of some kind of fruit, meat or nut.

The staples we have in our house are summer sausage, turkey, grilled chicken, tilapia, shrimp, bacon, sausage, cashews, almonds, pistachios, pickles, plums, oranges, apples (Jess doesn't eat those) cauliflower, zucchini, squash and carrots. Basically anything that can go bad is what we have in our kitchen and is what you should try and follow (eating wise) if wanting to achieve the Paleo diet.

If y'all want any of the recipes I am posting pics of just let me know! I would love to share!

I have got to hit the sack now, I am all out of gas!

I will be back soon to post pics of the man cave!

Goodnight!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment