Monday, January 24, 2011

Deja Vu....

Well Hello! I am so sorry that I havent posted in a while! The days have gotten away from me and I didnt have time to post. I will stop my excuses now and get on with it :) This weekend was a busy one! Friday night we hung out with Clint and Todd, we went to dinner and then made our way to the Corner Pocket here in Kilgore. If you know what the Corner Pocket is I know what your thinking. Your thinking about how classy we are. I know, I know I just cant help it Im a classy person what can I say? Actually our time at the Corner Pocket only lasted about 5 minutes. The service was horrible and it seemed pretty dangerous for us to be there so we made like a banana and split! Jess and I had never been but now we can say we have and I dont think he ever plans on going there again if you know what I mean. Lol. After that we headed over to the Cottier's house. Bj Burns invited us over there because a group of them were playing cards. We stayed there for a while then headed out again. We went over to another couples house that Jess went to High School with and hung out for a little bit longer but shortly after 1am we left and went home because we had an early morning the next day.

Saturday morning did come fast like I thought it would but I didnt mind because I was excited to get on the road! Our first stop was at Navarro. Jess wanted to throw so we stopped there so he could. Its always so weird going back there. I get this odd feeling of being young and how far we have came since we have been there. We were just kids when we were there and now we are in our Mid 20's. That is just crazy to me. Time has just flown right on by! I asked Jess if he had Deja Vu being there too and he was like "Oh yeah!" He ended up throwing a bullpen and his old coach there gave him some good advice he said. We were starving once he was done so Jess took me to his most favorite chicken place in Corsicana. I had never eaten there but it was awesome! If you ever see a Bush's Chicken pull over and eat there, you wont be disappointed!

After that we headed to my parents house. We just hung out the rest of the day and Jess went duck hunting out on my parents pond in the back of there house. Later on we went to my aunt and uncle's BBQ restaurant to have dinner. Surprisingly to us all of my friends and some of my family were there! They wanted to wish Jess good luck on Spring Training and see me again before we left. It was so sweet! Some of my friends that I hadn't seen in 4 months were there so I was happy to see them. We just hung out and caught up on everything. It was so thoughtful and I am so blessed to have friends and family that wanted us to know they were thinking of us. Being with my friends also brought back the feeling of Deja Vu. When all 6 of us girls are together again it kind of makes me sad, just the other day we were in Jr. High and now we are all grown women. We are all so different than we used to be, we have all shaped and grown into different people. Being with them reminds me that even though I want to choke them sometimes I love them to pieces and I will be there for them anytime day or night.

Sunday was a pretty fun day too! My cousin and his little girl stayed at my parents house on Saturday night with us so Sunday morning my parents got up and made us a "breakfast feast" as Jess called it. I love mornings like that! The smell of coffee and conversations over breakfast just make my heart feel warm! It was a good start to monumental day for my sister. My sister is a Junior this year and that means she gets to go to PROM! I cant believe she is old enough to go! We went Prom dress shopping after breakfast. We went to the same store that I got my first prom dress when I was a Junior. I was hit with another dose of Deja Vu when we got there. I seriously think in a blink of an eye time has flown! It doesnt seem like it was too long ago that I was there shopping for me and now my baby sister was shopping for her first Prom. We found the perfect little dress for her little body. She looked beautiful and I cant wait to see what she looks like all done up in her dress! My mom cried a little of course like I knew she would. I think she is just as shocked about Emily being this old as I am. All in all it was a great day and I am so glad I was able to share that special day of shopping with her.

We only have 11 days left here in Texas and the countdown has begun. I again cant believe its time for season to start. I think the overall lesson of this weekend for me is that time flies! I need to start soaking up the moments I have with the people I love and appreciating the time I have at the places I am having them at. That is what Ive learned in the past couple of days....
love always,
E

p.s.
I want to thank you all for following my blog! I appreciate it so much! I am going to start posting pics with my blogs so please keep reading. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment