Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good luck and See yall later!


As all of you know I have been planning a surprise going away party for Jess. Well the weekend for it finally arrived! I cannot believe that we kept it under wraps for as long as we did! He had no clue what was going on and he said for the first time since Santa Claus he really was surprised! It made me so happy to hear him say that because I cant ever keep surprises from him and I worked so hard to keep it a secret! I was so worried I was going to make it all the way to time of the party and then blurt it out! My stomach was literally in knots like I was about to sky dive or something! I know Im dramatic but I cant even help myself, its just in my DNA. I just wanted everything to be perfect and kick his season off this year with a bang. Just let him know that we were all rooting for him and for him to go and tear it up! I think I accomplished that because he kept saying "Thank you, this is so awesome!", "This is so great!", "Thank you for doing this!" I think it got him pumped up and ready to go! I do want to say thank you Tom and Kim for helping plan and get all the stuff for the party together! Without yalls help It would have been impossible!

 Along with the "Good Luck and See yall Later" parties we have had for the past 2 weekends in a row comes a lot of sad feelings too. Its so nice for us to be around all of our family and friends but it reminds us how much we will miss them. We want yall to know that just because we go off for these months during season and most of the time our days and nights get mixed up so we dont really get to talk to yall like we want to we dont just forget about yall, we still miss yall and think about yall more than ever! Thank yall for being there during the offseason and making that time so special for us!

This week is our last week in Kilgo-Fo-Sho! Kind of bitter sweet....On one hand we will miss the slow pace, small town restaurants and getting everywhere in 5 minutes. On the other we love season and everything about it. Sometimes it gets hard and we miss familiarity and the small town feel but we wouldnt change it for anything. We are thankful for what we have and we know how blessed we are so it is hard to complain. Packing this year is going to be a little tough for me this year though. Im a over packer, I always always ALWAYS take more than I need. My inner fashionista makes me do that! I always think "but what if I want to wear that one day", or "I might need that" or "I might need this". I just cant tell myself no when it comes to packing! AHHHHH! My throat is closing up just thinking about it. I need a wide variety of pieces and I dont know how Im going to fit all of what I think I need and shoes that I absolutely need in 2 suitcases! Yeah, I said it TWO, 2, dos, Due, deux suitcases! Only 2! Hopefully I can manipulate the situation and pack less for Jess since he always wears less and pack more of my stuff in his suitcase. Im sure that wont happen though, my husband really doesnt have sympathy for me when it comes to clothes, shoes or purses. I will post pictures of our suitcases once they are packed so you can laugh your head off at the art of "stuffing" instead of the art of "packing".

Thank yall again to everyone who came out and made it special for my husband. He is everything to me and seeing his eyes light up over the love and support that was shown to him the past 2 weeks truly meant the world to me. Love yall!
-E

2 comments:

  1. Sorry we couldn't make it this weekend! We can't get rid of all the germs around here...Addie and I are both sick but hopefully things are looking up. I just wanted to wish Jess GOOD LUCK this season and we'll be keeping up with him as usual. Keep up the blogging as I am sooo enjoying reading!! Safe travels to you both and keep us posted!! Miss you both!! Love, Todd, Ash, and Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I will tell him! We knew Addie had been sick and we totally understand. I hope yall get better and we will miss yall! If yall get the chance come visit! Thank you again! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete