Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Packing day!!!

 What I started with....

 The finished product! :)


Have yall ever seen the "Whataburger" commercial that talks about how it is actually possible to fit a square peg into a round hole? What they are talking about is your mouth (round hole) eating a square type sandwich (square peg). In that instance that statement is true, but today when I tried to fit my square peg (my clothes) into a round hole (my suitcases) I had a little bit more trouble than the guy on the "Whataburger" commercial!

I knew I would! There was no doubt in my mind that I was going to have trouble packing because 2 suitcases in my mind is like only being able to pack half a bag. I just need stuff! I need all my clothes not just some of them. I love them and to leave them behind gives me separation anxiety! What if I have to go somewhere and a certain piece I had to leave behind would have been perfect for it! Thoughts like that go thru my mind! (Yes Im sick, Im sick in the head I will admit it any day when it comes to clothes, shoes or purses!) Last night I had a dream about what I was going to pack, that is how anxious I was about it. Honestly though my over-reacting DNA struck again because yes, I had to pack and re-pack 3 times but it wasnt nearly as bad I thought it was going to be. I left some good pieces behind but I will be back to get them in no time so I am not going to worry about it. (Yes I am still trying to convince myself its going to be ok).

It took about 4 hours but I got us both packed. The two of us each have 2 bags and we each have our computer bags and I have my purse. For me that is saying a lot because you know just as well as I do you can have 2 carry ons as well and I have plenty of carry on type suitcases. I could sneak one and pack more stuff but I am being strong and not doing that. I figure the more I take the more I have to lug around when we get there.

Kim cooked dinner for us, Brooke, Hailee, Hunter and Harpie tonight and I am so glad she did because after all that packing I had quite the appetite! She cooked Jess' favorite enchilada's, they are so good! Thank you Kim for feeding us and for making it possible for us all to eat together one last time before we left town. We are trying to get in all our favorite places and things to eat before we leave because the West Coast does not know how to party when it comes to Mexican food! You would think they would but let me be the first to tell you....THEY DONT! Dont even get me started on the Midwest either, they have not a clue what Queso or any type of delicious Southern Cooking is! This proves again why I think Texas is the best state ever! We know how to cook here and everyone else doesnt.

Last night Steph and Milton took us to Matsu's! Its a Japanese Steakhouse here in Kilgore and Its our fave Japanese Steakhouse period! We havent eaten at a better one and we think we wont ever! It was so nice of them and the food was absolutely delicious like it is everytime. So thank you Steph and Milton we enjoyed it so much and we appreciate it more than you will ever know!

Needless to say we are all packed up and we have the house all wrapped up and ready for us to leave. Its bitter sweet but we are so excited for this year. It calms my heart to know Jess is so ready to get out there and play. He is so pumped and I cant wait to watch another season of him doing what he loves! Stay tuned for tomorrow's post we are headed to Ennis to see my family before we head out on Friday and the weather is supposed to be getting bad so we will see what the future holds :)
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment