Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lets Get Ready to Rumbllllleeeeeee!

As I sit here and write this post the song from the CD Jock Jams (you know that album with all these songs that are remixed with others. I was about 8 when it came out so I know yall remember if I can.) is in my head. You know the one that is a remix of the man who says "Lets get ready to rumbllllleeeeee" before a boxing match, while the rest of the song says "Pump up the jam, pump it up while your feet are stompin...." hopefully you know what Im talking about because if not Im sure your thinking to yourself that this past half paragraph has been a total waste of time. Anyways I woke up this morning with it stuck in my head and it has been stuck there all day. I think its because my mind mentally was preparing for the big day today! For those of you who dont know today was our first Spring Training game. Which only means one thing in this household and that is "Lets get ready to rumble!" The first game signifies that now the clock is ticking and by the clock ticking I mean that now is the time to show what you got. Yeah practice everyday and bullpens every 3 days you are showing what you got but NOW we are down to business. These Spring Training games are the situations that you are going to be in during the season and the Coaches want to know you have what it takes to perform. So even though Jess wasnt throwing today, today was still very important and I woke up absolutely PUMPED UP! Obviously I know this has nothing to do with me so Im sure your wondering why I would be pumped up about the games starting but believe me Im totally affected by this sport in every way possible. Plus I feel like if I am positive and pumped Jess will vibe off of that and be super excited too and not overthink the game.

Sooooo back to THE game. We played The Reds, which we will play a lot because we share our Spring Training facility with them. I was kind of surprised with the attendance with it being the first game and all but it was quite hmmm how do I say this without sounding mean....uhhh not full? Yeah lets go with not full or unfilled. People love baseball and people who love baseball travel anywhere for a game. So I was surprised at the un-attendance. Here are some pictures from today.

Goodyear Stadium view from my seat 

Our new block C emblem 



The Bullpen Pitchers

Jess will pitch the third inning on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics at 1:05pm our time, so that means 2:05 yalls time so if yall have second to check in on online I urge you to do so! More pictures will come then. Hope everyones weekend was a good one! Everyone remember to call Tom tomorrow and tell him Happy Birthday! Happy last day of February tomorrow and if you are reading this Happy Birthday from me and Jess Tom!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment