Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beginning of Baseball and Big News about a Baby

This week was the official start of Spring Training! Typically the first week is for conditioning tests, physicals and scoreboard interviews with a couple of bullpens in the mix for pitchers. Jess threw 2 bullpens this week and will throw live tomorrow. When I say live its not actually live, a batter will just stand in the box while he tries to paint his spots and get work in as if he were actually in a game. He is excited to get that going because he said his bullpens went well this past week. One of them the coaches were there for and that was huge for him. I am so glad to hear they went well because he has been practicing and trying so hard to get better that its nice to know for him Im sure that his hard work is paying off. Plus it makes it more fun for him.

I started a training of my own this week! I am training to do crossfit! Crossfit is something that is fairly new in the fitness world. Its a different kind of work-out, it consists of olympic type, gymnastic, weight and agility training. It is ROUGH! I thought "Oh please! I have been doing P90X I got this!" Uhhh Thursday I couldnt move. I didnt leave our room one time! Jess had to help me up from sitting down! I was miserable. To give you a little insight as to what we do just think power lifter. You know, think back when you were in High School and there were those guys power lifting during the Spring Track Tournaments, that is what I was doing! I mean I couldnt put any weight on my pole but I was lifting the dang thing! Above my head to be more specific! It was CRAZY! Jess thinks this training is good for me because it will push me to do things Ive never done before, things I thought I would never do or could do. So I had a big week in beginning training myself!

Another BIG  thing that happened this week was that I found out one of my childhood friends is pregnant! I dont know if any of yall remember Hannah, she was in our wedding. She is a short tiny little thing! I dont know if that helps refresh your memory as to who she is but besides my sister she was the smallest one in the wedding. Her and her husband are expecting a baby on September 29th! It was a weird emotional type of feeling that came over me when she told me. I guess I had a mixture of feelings because this really seals the deal that we are grown. I mean being married obviously states your in some type of grown up status but a BABY?!?! That is HUGE news! Im very excited for her and I know she will be a great mom. I cant wait to find out what she is having! Hannah and her husband have a different kind of style so their child will definitely an image of that.

So with all this big new stuff going on we have kind of had an exciting week. Didnt do much as far as getting out and enjoying Arizona but I only have 4 chapters left in one of my classes and Jess has moved up sooooo many ranks in Call of Duty! So all in all it was a productive week!

As I am writing this post we are experiencing a major storm here in Arizona! It was supposed to rain all day but all it has done is have one huge wind/sand storm! Literally! Its like 20 times the wind/sand storms Lubbock ever had while I was there! It just finally started raining so hopefully the the wind/sand storm part is over! I can handle rain just not wind or sand lol. Here is a picture of the parking lot at the field. All of these tumbleweeds have blown in since I dropped Jess off this morning.


Behind those two bushes there are tumbleweeds stacked up against the fence. I would say that is some pretty powerful wind!

I hope yall had a good week and are enjoying the weather this weekend. I check Ennis and Kilgore weather everyday so I stay in "the know". Talk to yall soon....
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment