Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Adjusted....

As all of you know we are here in the great state of Arizona and we are in the adjusting phase. We go thru this process every time we go somewhere new. Due to the change in environment and atmosphere, I have been battling against some awful congestion and we have both been battling the time change. Granted we are only an hour behind but the days go by sooooooo sllllooooowwwww. (That was my interpretation of a slo-mo type voice so just picture me doing/saying it that way) Its weird because the days drag and the nights drag but morning comes super fast. I doubt you understand what I mean, so let me break it down for you. The days take forever to go by and I have no problem falling asleep but soon after I wake up. Then fall back asleep, then a noise will happen in the hallway or our refrigerator will kick on or something and I will wake up. I then look at the window to see if the sun is close to coming up and....its not! So then I fall back asleep and wake up and I do this a couple more times until DING ding DING ding! My alarm starts singing! So thats what I mean when I say the days drag, the nights drag and then Wham! Bam! Thank you, Mrs. Todd its now morning!

We have gotten a pretty good routine down though. We wake up in the morning, get dressed, go down and get coffee and breakfast and then watch the news or read the paper. Jess leaves here around 8:30am and heads to the field. I then go workout, get ready for the day and do whatever homework I have for the day before he gets home which is usually around 11:45am. At 12 I make lunch and we sit and have lunch and watch more news. (Never striked yall as News people did we? Lol) Then I will go run errands and he usually plays hours amongst hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Not a game I encourage any of you to buy your children. Lots of killing! Ughh! Jess has dreams about killing people thats how much he gets into it. He plays with his X-Box connected online so he is able to play with anyone anywhere. Last night he played against Clint which was fun for me to listen to. They are both still little boys at heart so It makes me laugh a little.

Yesterday was what the Arizona-ns call a high haze day. (I will post a picture below this paragraph so you can see what Im talking about.) It was very hazy out which makes it hard to see the mountains. Who cares about seeing the mountains, right? Just kidding! Anyway today it is windy! Ouhh-weee let me tell you! (Im sure your thinking "How dare her?, It is 14 degrees here in Texas and she is complaining about the weather in Arizona!") So let me explain Im not complaining I am simply stating that it is very very windy here. Jess said he froze to death today because he didnt bring any of his warm baseball stuff (because they get new stuff every year) but the equipment truck hasnt made it here yet so they dont have anything really here for them to wear. Yeah dumb I know.


Jess is still feeling good about this year and he said he threw a good bullpen yesterday so that is even better. I know he is ready to get after it and get started so we are just counting down the days until camp begins. Once camp does start our schedule will be different. I will take him to the field verses him taking himself, only because once camp is actually on and going the time varies of when they will be done. Some days are long ones and some days arent so long. We just like to prepare for the long ones just in case I need to go somewhere or do something.

I know yall are not enjoying the new batch of snow/ice/sleet yall got but I hope yall are enjoying yalls day.
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment