Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1st Outing!

Jess had his first outing today against Oakland in Oakland's Spring Training facility in Phoenix! It was a beautiful day out today which made it even more enjoyable to be outside. The first batter Jess faced was David DeJesus who grounded out. The Second batter he faced the wonderful Hideki Matsui. Jess struck him out but the umpire favoring the Veteran over the Rookie gave him a walk. (No I am not being bias I am simply just stating the truth!) Next up was Kevin Kouzmanoff who flyed out and then Chris Carter followed him, he flyed out as well. Chris Carter is the son of Hall of Famer Joe Carter and he is a big boy! Overall Jess pitched 1 inning with 1 ground out, 1 walk and 2 fly outs so he was very successful. He looked good and very comfortable out on the mound. I always smile as soon as I see him running from the bullpen to the mound because I just picture a little boy running out there to live his dream. Its a beautiful thing to be able to witness someone live their dream and I am so blessed to be able watch my husband live his.

Meryl Masterson and I rode to the game together because her husband Justin was starting the game and then Jess was coming in after him so we figured we would just make the drive together. Its nice to go to away games with another wife because it makes it so much nicer to have someone with you just in case you get lost lol. Which is something that happens to me pretty much every time I go somewhere for the first time. Meryl and Justin just had a little girl a month ago so I was able to help her with all of baby Eden's stuff too. She is such a sweet girl so I love to hangout with her.

Here are some pictures from the game today.

Oakland's Spring Training Facility
 Their Scoreboard 
 Jess is the one second from the left. The guy next to him is Joe Smith (I have mistaken him for Jess many times, thank goodness I have never kissed him when he walked out of the clubhouse. Now that would make for an uncomfortable situation.)
 Twinkies
 Getting ready to start warming up.

 Chatting it up
 Time to do work!
 Get Ready....
 Get Set....
 GO!

 vs. David DeJesus
 vs. Hideki Matsui
 vs. Kevin Kouzmanoff

Jess will throw again on Saturday against Ozzie Guillen's White Sox at 1:05! The inning he will throw is TBA so I will let yall know when I found out which one it will be! Have a good rest of the week!
Love,
E

p.s.
I know the pictures kind of fall of the page but I wanted them to be big enough for yall to see so I hope it doesnt bother yall too much! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment