Sunday, March 27, 2011

Batter Up....Hear that Call....The Time has Come for One and All....To Play Ball....


Last night Jess had his 7th outing for this years Spring Training! We played the Giants and sadly for me they had a split squad so Tim Lincecum went to the other game to throw instead of ours. I love to watch him throw. He is a freak (hence his nickname "The Freak") and I love to watch his technique over and over. Of course not as much as I love watching my husband's technique! To be honest I just have this thing in my mind where Tim Lincecum marries my sister. In my opinion he is perfect for her! Hes small and doesnt really care what anyone thinks of him and hes his own person. Just like my sister!  I want them to be together so bad. Yes, this is me (delusional) thinking and dreaming this up in my so called perfect world. Im sure he has an entourage of girls nightly and probably not your typical ONE woman man. So ultimately Im sure for my sisters health I dont really want him to be with her but the thought of it sure is nice!

Anywho, Jess threw the 8th inning and DOMINATED! He faced 4 batters and threw 10 pitches total. Seeing him so confident gives me chills. I dont care how he does as long as hes confident in himself. Its important to me he knows how awesome he is and I want him to believe it all day everyday. The batters he faced were all big leaguers except for one. That looks really good to the coaches so I know that had Jess all kinds of pumped up! My camera was being weird since it was a night game but here are the pictures that didnt come out blurry.









We decided to change our plans since we still dont know where we will be for the season. I originally was going to fly out to Columbus for the Exhibition Game/Ring Ceremony on Tuesday morning while Jess and the team flew out Tuesday night. Now I am flying out tomorrow to Dallas (in hopes that they make a decision within the next 24hrs), get our car and drive up for opening day if Jess makes the team. I have tried not to make any plans and just fly by the seat of my pants but since our team doesnt have their 25 man roster locked in, Jess decided that we should go ahead and do what is best for us. I hope and pray that we are not jumping the gun but hey you only live once! Right??

As my last couple of hours tick down on the clock I am reflecting on our past months here. I feel like this time in Arizona it was much more enjoyable. Last Spring Training Jess was miserable and that made me miserable because there was nothing I could do about it. Ive learned that you cant live trying to control your life or your path. Jess' path is my path and whether or not that path is windy, curvy, rocky or hellacious I have got to stand strong for him. I want to thank my husband for allowing me to experience this journey with him and bringing me into the crazy beautiful game. I am so blessed to be able to experience and grow from the things we go through. I am undoubtedly grateful for these experiences that have molded me into the person I am today. I feel like I am so strong and have so much passion for life now than I ever have. So whether or not my husband makes the 25 man roster out of Spring Training this year or if hes traded again or if hes in the minors or the majors I want him and yall to know how much all of this means to me. My heart is beaming right now with so much happiness and I owe it all to God for (despite my controlling ways) allowing my path in life to be directed to right where I am today. I love you all and I am thankful for all of yall as well. Some of yall I will see soon, the rest until next time....XOXO
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment