Sunday, March 20, 2011

8 Days Left!

We are down to wire now! There are only 8 days left in Spring Training and I have a feeling those 8 days are going to be a blur! Jess and I really had a good time despite his hate for the state of Arizona. We really enjoyed our time here this year. I am so excited for games to start and to get this season rolling! April is an exciting month because Jess turns 25 and Im so excited for him! Im big on birthdays because growing up my parents always made a big deal out of them so I just absolutely love it when its someone's birthday, especially Jess' birthday!

Ive begun the apartment hunt for the season. I really dont do the hunting I just tell my mom names of places and she does the hunting and the finding so I cant take any credit. Yall all know my husband is a minimalist and very "no nonsense" (He sounds scary when I put it that way) so he prefers to stay right by the field. Which is fine and I agree BUT to live right next to the field its literally an arm and 2 legs not 1. We have an idea of what it may cost but not a for sure number so hopefully after my mom gets more information we will be pleasantly surprised and not brutally shocked! After moving in and out several times I do not like to live anywhere that is not fully furnished and doesnt have all utilities and washer/dryer included. You have no idea how much of a hassle it is to get utilities and cable turned on let alone turned off when its time to head out! I think its easier to get a hold of Osama Bin Laden than get all of that done for 6 months or less. I cant complain though, doing stuff like that is normalcy to me now. I used to be so shy and sheltered I would never do the things that I do now. I used to hate being by myself and now I can do pretty much anything alone. Im so thankful for what the baseball life has taught me because I feel so independent and strong! Dont get it twisted though I cant sleep without Jess when he's gone and I look behind all the doors, under the bed, in the closet and in the bath tub before I go to bed when he's on the road but I can hack it by myself :)

Dara finally sent me the pictures from our Hiking adventure last week so here they are as promised!

From Left: Melanie Perez, Jackie Laffey, Logan Germano and ME!

From Left: Melanie Perez, Logan Germano, Me and Dara LaPorta

Stay tuned for pictures from Jess' outing tomorrow! I hope yall all enjoyed yalls weekend!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment