Friday, March 11, 2011

17 days left!

Today marks 17 days left in Spring Training! I am completely baffled that it is almost over. Its crazy how time just keeps passing faster and faster. But you know what they say...."Time flies when your having fun" and even though this time can be very trying and hard its very true. This Spring has been a busy one which has been awesome. We have had something scheduled every week to do since camp started and that has been so nice. In the beginning it was slow but that time was enjoyable because once season starts we dont have the freedom to just lounge around and hangout together.

On Wednesday I went hiking with Dara LaPorta, Jackie Laffey, Melanie Perez and Logan Germano. Melanie came into town last week and wanted all of us to get together because we havent all been in the same place in over a year. Jackie isnt with our team anymore because they were traded just over a week ago but they still have Spring Training here so she came. It took us 2 hours to hike over 5 miles, I was so tired and dusty when I got home. Jess and the rest of the husbands did their own thing, mine and Dara's had the freedom to do what they wanted but Logan, Jackie and Melanie's had baby duty. Dara took a picture of us all so I will post it when she emails it to me.

When Spring Training breaks I am going to start something called Tasty Tuesday and Fashion Friday. Tasty Tuesday will be about fun foods I have came across and Fashion Friday will be about what trends are in. I think it would be a good idea because Im sure yall will get bored with all baseball talk and no girl talk. I think my dad is the only guy who reads this so Im sure he wont mind. Dont worry though baseball will still be the main reason for this blog. I just want to spice things up a bit!

Today we play the Seattle Mariners and Jess is scheduled as back up so I dont know for sure if he will pitch. We will see though! Tonight we are going to the PBR, my husband loves buckin' bulls so his eyes will have a twinkle in them the whole time we are there Im sure. Enjoy no meat today if your Catholic and have a Happy Friday!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment