Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We meet again....

Yesterday we played the White Sox....again! Sadly enough for me Ozzie was not their because their organization had a split squad so he went with the other part of their team to wherever they were playing. It was HORRIBLY windy today and when I say HORRIBLY windy I mean abso-freaking-lutely windy! Jess warned me this morning when I took him to the field not to wear a dress because it was going to be a windy day and boy am I glad I listened to him. (Which is rare and few and far between and I would never tell him so yall dont either) But he couldnt have been more right because it was crazy how this wind was blowing.

I want to take a moment and hit on some things that have been going on with me. My last few posts have been strickly baseball talk and stats so I want to update you on whats going on with me :) I have been crazy busy. Which is a good thing but Im starting to get sad about it. We are exactly 20 days from leaving Spring Training and it has just flown right by! I try to embrace everything we experience in this life of baseball but it seems like every year it passes by faster and faster! Which leaves me blind sided and sad, there is one continual thing I always have as every season wraps up and its relationships. The relationships I have made and continue to make I feel help me grow as a woman. Like today at my Crossfit class 2 girls I met that have been in my class for almost a month are baseball wives as well. One of them is with the Dodgers and the other is with the Angels. The one whose husband is with the Angels "knows" Jess but Jess doesnt "know" him. Im sure my husbands memory is just foggy and somewhere down the road he will remember him too. One of those girls is from North Carolina while the other is from Alabama. Today at the game I sat with a girl that is from Ontario Canada and another girl who is from Pennsylvania. I cannot tell you enough how blessed I feel to be able to come in contact with that many different type of people daily. It also baffles me how one sport can bring this many different people together. The world of baseball a controversial one but a worldly one at that. I know one thing for sure when Im old and gray I will be able to say that this sport has changed my life in so many ways without me even having to pick up a ball or step foot on a field. That I am eternally from the depth of my heart grateful for.

So like I said I have been so busy but Jess made it a point to take me to the mall Sunday since he didnt have to go "on the road" because he wasnt throwing. We havent gone anywhere since we got here because to be honest yall AZ is not that safe and we have a rental car so we have to watch the mileage we put on the car. On top of the fact that we are right by the 101 (the 101 is a highway you dont want to go on the "South" side after 9pm) So we finally made it out to the mall and it was really nice to get out. Jess said that every other person had gages in their ears and were a bunch of freaks but my husband is just old fashioned and that kind of stuff just makes his skin crawl.

Anyways at the game yesterday Jess had to come in early for Mitch Talbot during the 3rd inning. Jess looked really good out there. He pitched a total of 1 1/3 innings and had two punch outs. (punch outs are strike outs). One of those strike outs was Juan Pierre! The other was Mark Teahan! So that was awesome for Jess, I was so proud! Here are the pictures from the game!

This Complex is Beautiful!



Where's Jesse? Hes the only blonde :)

Coming in to "Do Work"
Getting ready to warm up!



Batter Up!








Jess is the little bitty person on the Jumbo Tron

Jess is scheduled to throw Friday against the Seattle Mariners at our Complex! The inning is TBD so I will again have to let yall know! Happy Fat Tuesday! Eat some Crawfish for us!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment