Sunday, March 20, 2011

L.A. Angels!

I want to start off by saying that I am sorry that I havent posted in a week! This week was Spring Break, Brooke came to visit and I had a big test due. So needless to say I was a little busy! Jess was back up all week and the week also included an off day so there wasnt much movement on the pitching front. Today that all changed! We played the L.A. Angels in their Spring Training Facility in Tempe. The game was completely packed! There was well over 6,000 fans there. It was such an awesome environment! Jess came in for a 1/3 of an inning in the 4th for Justin Masterson. He faced 2 batters in that inning, one of them was Bobby Abreu and the other was Tori Hunter! Big time players and the bulk of their batting order!  Jess walked Abreu and up next was Hunter who flyed out to end the inning. He then came back out for the 5th and had 3 up 3 down! He faced 5 batters over an inning and a third! He did a fantastic job! I think I was glowing I was so proud! I had the privilege of sitting next to Jack Hannahan's dad during the game and we were cheering and high-fiving! It was definitely a fun game!

Warming up in their tiny bullpen

 Sold Out Crowd!


Still warming up!


He's In!





First Batter....Bobby Abreu


Second Batter....Tori Hunter



Next Inning, First Batter....Vernon Wells!

Second Batter....Erick Aybar!!!!!

Third Batter....Bobby Wilson

Jess was very pleased with his outing and he should be! Im very proud of my husbands accomplishments this Spring Training and I hope he is too! He is scheduled to throw again tomorrow against the Royals in Surprise. Its supposed to be rainy and cold but hopefully it wont be. I hope everyone that had Spring Break this past week had a good one!
Love,
E

1 comment:

  1. I checked the blog this morning, and didn't see anything new. I was fixing to text you when I decided to check again for an update. So glad Jess did well today. Tell him we said Congrats! Miss you guys. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete