Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flying by the seat of my pants!

I am sorry that I havent posted this week but I have literally been flying by the seat of my pants all week. This week has brought a lot of busy-ness to my schedule and I havent had a chance to sit down to write and tell yall all about it.

Monday morning I hopped on a plane and headed to Texas so I could get our car and start driving up to Cleveland for opening day. Jess and I both assumed that he had made the team since there was a lot of speculation and "word of mouth" type of stuff that said he had. Well as soon as my flight touched down in El Paso for its brief stop I got a text message from Jess saying he had been sent down. It was definitely hard for me to keep my composure and not completely fall apart as I read his text. That would be just great, right? A passengers flight delayed because some CRAZY woman was LOSING it over how some GM and coaches sent her husband down to the minors on Southwest flight 337! I was mad, sad and hurt all in under a second. I was mad because he had done so well and I didnt understand how much better he couldve done. I was sad because I knew he was disappointed and I was hurt because I couldnt be there to console him. Those passengers do not know how lucky they are that I have changed and dont fly off the handle about things like that anymore. So I sat there in my seat next to the window and let my eyes fill with tears. I didnt let those tears drop from my eyes though. I just sucked it up and remembered that in this business things change so fast. Your up and then your down, your great then you suck! One minute their on your side and the next they wouldnt pee on you if you were on FIRE! Its a learning process in this sport, these things never get easy. And honestly learning to deal with them isnt easy. I feel like every time something is about to happen and we kind of see it coming, I start to try and prepare myself and yet when it happens it still rocks my whole world. Lucky for me I was going home to see my family and get some comfort from some level headed people. I got to spend a couple of days with them and then headed to Kilgore to pack up for the season. My dad and I were originally going to make the trip up here but since I was coming earlier than we had planned he couldnt make the trip because he had to work. Fortunately for me Kim was nice enough to take off work and make the trek up North with me! Thank goodness she did! We left at 4 am on Friday morning and pulled into Columbus at 9:10pm Eastern time. I am so thankful to God that we got here safely because there could have been so many things go wrong on a 14 hour road trip.

When we got in we came straight to the hotel and just hung out. This morning we got up and went to our apartment we will be living in for the season! Its BRAND NEW! And right across the street from the field! Im so excited about it! Our furniture will be delivered on Monday and then we will be set! Here are some pictures of it pre-move in!

Our Bedroom

The Bathroom

The Living Room

Our Balcony (thats the field just over the train tracks)

The Kitchen

I will post more pictures on Monday after they deliver our furniture! I cant wait! I hope yall are enjoying yalls weekend!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment