Sunday, March 18, 2012

Catching up!

Hellooo! I hope you all enjoyed your Spring Breaks! Spring Break is always one of those things that comes and goes so fast and yet after a full week off we are still left wanting MORE!

This past week has absolutely flown by and to think that there is only 13 days of camp left seems even more cray! -Note to you that I did not just misspell crazy, the word CRAY is the new crazy and you know how I love to stay in "the know" with all things fabulous including the latest ebonics.

Anyways games officially started on Tuesday but Jess didnt throw until Wednesday. He pitched 2 innings 21 pitches, 0 hits, 0 walks and 4 strikeouts. He did amazing and Im so proud of him! He felt so good about it and I know he was happy to get the first outing of spring training under his belt.

Friday Jess was put on "back up" duty in the big league game. My parents came in on Wednesday night so we were having brunch when Jess let me know he was scheduled to back up. By chance we were in Abacoa eating so when we finished we just walked across the street to the stadium.

Im a pretty emotional person so I had to fight back tears as Jess came out in the St. Louis uniform. I know that the journey we have been on is not as bad as it could have been and in all reality the trials we have faced are petty and ridiculously small compared to the troubles in the world, but seeing him in that uniform brought an overflow of emotion. I felt happy, sad, proud, thankful and grateful. I felt emotions a thru z but overall I felt proud. I have sat here and watched him fight for what he loves so much and seeing St. Louis across his chest sent the message of victory to my heart. I know that there is a lot left to fight for in this business but Jess can handle it, with God's will he can do it. It's been a long road and there is still more ahead but Jess and I both know now who is in control. That is a lesson we had to learn and I am so thankful that it was taught to us.

Jess threw again today, he went 3 innings 35 pitches, 1 hit and 3 strikeouts. As far as his role goes we really dont know what that is so for right now Jess is just happy throwing and that is perfectly fine with us.

Here are some pictures from this past week.





 This was at Juno Beach Cafe, the best breakfast food ever!
 Juno Beach
 @ Jumby Bay in Abacoa
 New jumbo-tron at the stadium
 Jess is on the left in his STL Uni :)



For those of you who do not know what back up in the big leagues means I will give you a quick tutorial. When Jess is scheduled as back up this means he will only come in if the pitcher that was actually scheduled to pitch cannot finish his outing. So basically back up means on-call, there is a possibility you may get called into the game but not a definite chance. It is exciting for one to be scheduled as back up if you are not in the big leagues but my husband states that it is not that big of a deal. He is wrong-just saying :)

Anyways I promise the blog will be more consistent from now on. It was just a little cray with games starting and my family visiting.

Have a nice Sunday!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment