Saturday, March 10, 2012

Do you know him?

Let me start off this blog post asking you a little question....Do you know him?

Well if you don't my husband can tell you. Jess and I once again had another run in with a famous baseball player. Last year it was at bible study, this year it was in the mall at the Louis Vuitton store. We were shopping for my 25th birthday present and Jess did not really like the Michael Kors bag I picked out so he said "let's go into Louis Vuitton"....uhhh if you know me (which only the people that do know me, read this blog) I am in no way going to talk him out of going into Louis Vuitton. So we proceeded into the store where I pretended we were rich and started to look at bags. As we were browsing we noticed 2 Latin men talking with a sales lady. I went about my business because we are in West Palm Beach which is not that far from Miami so of course rich Latin men run rampant around here. One of them kept looking at Jess, Jess kept looking at him....my thought was "uhh, do you know him?" Another thing you know about me (if you know me) is that I know 3 things pretty well....Fashion, Food and Famous People. I know baseball pretty well in my opinion but I don't study the programs with pictures or anything creepy like that. Im more of a stat person. Anywhooooo, we kept walking and looking around the store until we made it back around to where the man was shopping. He then looked at Jess and said, "Hey man, how are you?", "You doing good?" Jess replied and asked him the same thing, he answered and we went about our business. At this point Im sure the suspense is killing you of who it was! I couldn't be more proud to say that it was JOHAN SANTANA!!!!!!! A pitcher for the NY Mets. I know if you don't know who that is your thinking who cares, but if you do know who that is then your thinking "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!"

Don't get me wrong Im not saying that he should or shouldn't know who Jess is, all Im saying is that it is somewhat of a big deal that he recognized Jess. He is a big time player. I might also add that he and Jess have never shared a team together, so he simply just knows Jess because of who Jess is. Before you start to think that I think Jess is the greatest amongst greatest or a humongous deal and all that jazz I want you to know that I don't. (I mean I do, but I dont....you know what I mean!) I consider Jess and myself to be pretty normal people that don't really require much, just pretty simple and my point about this post is that Jess may feel that he his previous attempts at being a big leaguer have failed but not all people feel that way or see that. Johan Santana, a long time big leaguer recognized Jess and acknowledged him. He knows who he is, knows that he has struggled but respects him. This game is hard, (Im sure your thinking she says that all the time) but it is, and having someone of that rank speak to you out of uniform is absolutely amazing. Johan did not have to say hi or even speak to Jess but he did. My point is that even though Jess has had a rocky road (this just came to me-rocky road is my fave ice cream maybe I should change that and see what happens)-(just a thought) but he has still accomplished so much to be proud of. I mean seriously, Khloe Kardashian moved to Dallas and I was so proud of myself because I grew up 45 minutes south of there. Oh the small things :)

I will stop rambling now I just had to brag about my husband a little. I know he struggles daily with the game and I just want him and everyone to know that not only am I so proud of him other people are too.

Have a good weekend!

Don't forget to Spring FORWARD!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment