Sunday, March 25, 2012

And may the odds be ever in YOUR favor.....

Hello!

It has been a very busy week! This always happens right before Spring Training, the days get shorter and the to-do list gets longer.

Our date night went so good the other night! We started off at Jumby Bay which is a restaurant by the Spring Training Complex. It is really cute and has a "5 o'clock somewhere" vibe. A total of 8 of us went, Barrett and Meah Browning, Brandon and Lauren Dickson, Shane and Jessica Robinson and myself and Jess. The movie was AWESOME and I can see this being way bigger than Twilight. Jess is even thinking of reading the 2nd one because he cant wait until the next one comes out to see what happens. I dont know if yall have heard much about the Hunger Games but the title of this post is the poster board quote for the movie.

This quote just so happens to be the theme of our lives right now. Word on the street is that tomorrow is D-Day. Supposedly tomorrow is the day that all the decisions, send downs and cuts will be made. Usually this is never the case but that is what the coaches told everyone today at the field. They have Jess scheduled to throw on Tuesday which is a good sign but seeing that the world of baseball is a fickle one, we dont know for sure if that is going to happen. Hopefully "the odds" WILL be in OUR favor and he makes the team.

I truly believe though that if he doesn't make the team there is another opportunity that is better for him somewhere. I know its going to hurt him, I know its going to hurt me but I have faith that its going to work out even better than we wanted it to.

Today we had a baby shower for Jessica Robinson. It was so good seeing all of the girls! I was so excited last night just thinking about it because it has been 3 years since I have seen some of them. Jessica and Shane are really good friends with some of our really good friends Wes and Katie Hodges. Katie and I decided to split getting her the car seat since we are all very close. I like getting gifts for people that they can really use! Especially when it is a gift for a baby!

Our night is now winding down and we are about to hit the sack. I just wanted to share with yall our weekend and what we had to look forward to tomorrow. Please pray for Jess as I can see in his eyes how very scared he is. I know everything will fall right into place its just waiting on that to happen that is hard.

Thank you for reading my blog! I hope yall all had a great weekend!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment