Thursday, February 5, 2015

Be Still....


Over the past couple of weeks a certain Bible verse kept showing up all over my Instagram feed. After a while I couldn't ignore it anymore. After all, I had been praying hard for my family and I could tell it was God nudging me to just BE STILL!!!

When I worry, I worry about not only the current situation but what that current situation might domino into. It is a horrible habit that I have had all my life. 

In Exodus 14:14 it reads:

'The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Moses delivered profounding words that day. So profounding that if you sit quietly and read the verse you too will feel the calmness in those words. 

I have kind of distanced myself from Facebook as of late. My husband and I have tried to limit our social media outlets so I have stuck with just Instagram. I know with social media one can portray a certain lifestyle or paint a picture for "followers" to see. So instead on focusing on what other people are doing and saying I have found outlets to "follow" that lift me up and encourage me. In this process I have found numerous Godly women that share verses and experiences linked to verses that have spoke to me or that I can relate to. That is when I stumbled upon The Splendor Shop.


The shop's owner makes each jewelry piece. As I scrolled through all she had to offer I couldn't help but be inspired. Every piece is uplifting in some sort of way. Very dainty and so very attractive. I actually purchased the bracelet pictured above because I am so in love with the verse and because I love a good bangle ;)

I know there are so many things wrong in this world. We all pray everyday for things that are on our hearts or issues we are dealing with. Sometimes we pray for what seems like FOREVER and a day. Some prayers are never answered and some are. God works in mysterious ways and even though it may be painful at times I have to remind myself that either way, God is good. He is fighting for us. We need only to be still.....

Love,
E

P.s.
If you are interested in this piece or curious about what The Splendor Shop has to offer just head on over here  to check it out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment