Monday, June 6, 2011

Reunited....

When I hear the word Reunited the song "Reunited and it feels so good" plays in my head. Im not kidding, every single time someone says it or I read it that song plays in my head. Our life has pretty much been that song since the Cardinals picked Jess up. We have been "reunited" with the people we "grew up"with in the baseball world. The people that were there first, the people who went through all of our "firsts" with and their "firsts" with.

These people and the relationships that go along with them are invaluable to Jess and I. After spending almost a 1 year and a half (to the date) miserable with really no intellectual, true friendships seeing their faces again has given us ease. Its like a day never went by since we have seen them and one of the girls here even said that to me. "It's so good to see you Erica!" followed by "Oh my gosh!, It doesnt even feel like a day has passed since Ive seen you last!" That right there to me is what I call friendship.

I can honestly tell you from the bottom of my heart that Jess and I are different people now. Just a month ago we were not truly content. Surface and face value wise we were but the things that laid deeper in us werent. Jess wasnt content playing baseball which caused him to be just plain down in the dumps. The fact that playing baseball didnt make him happy plagued me. I put on a happy face to try and bring him up but I was falling apart. I was so sad and my heart felt broken because I could not fix the situation. That kind of helpless feeling is one of the most terrible feelings I have ever felt. Its right up there with how I feel on Sundays knowing I cant eat Chick fil a if I want it because its closed. But, no really! Its awful! When I say the word plague I mean it! There was nothing I could do and knowing it was eating me alive.

In the baseball world its not common for you to go back to your original team once you have left them. God really knew the desires of mine and Jess' hearts by bringing us back here. He knew how bad we longed to be back with this organization. I will never forget that period of our lives that we spent with the Indians. I know I was at the lowest point in my life that I had experienced and yet now looking back on it I appreciate it so much. Its funny how God has a way of teaching you things. The lessons hurt like nothing in comparison but you learn a lot along the way.

Since being "Reunited" with all of my friends I have been so busy and Im loving it! The boys left friday on the road to Oklahoma City for 4 days. Since then I have been spending time with the girls. Saturday I went with 2 of the girls that are pregnant and spent the day shopping. They both just found out what they are having last week so that meant one thing for us! SHOPPING!!!! One is having a girl and the other is having a boy! So its the best of both worlds when we are shopping. Yesterday I went with another one of the girls and worked at a "Sisterhood" Convention that was in the Convention Center up the street. We worked from 10:30am to 5:00pm and I was pooped! We had to stand all day so I think thats what got to me the most. It was really easy and I made some extra money so that was even better.

Today I went to lunch and then went and saw "Something Borrowed". It was cute but Its definitely a one time watch. I dont think I will rent it when it comes out or buy it but it was cute. With me being so busy its made the time with Jess being gone go by fast. I miss him and am ready for him to come home. They have a day game at 11am tomorrow so if yall are bored tune in and watch! They will then head home and be here around 11pm. We are then getting in the car and going to Mobile Alabama! We are spending our off day there with some of our dear friends on the team then driving on to their next series in New Orleans! We are soooo excited for that!

We miss yall and are looking forward to seeing yall in July!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment