Sunday, May 20, 2012

That's what we get for waking up in Vegas....

Hellooo fellow readers!

I am writing this post from the comfy couch of my Memphis home. I just got back from Vegas this afternoon and I am in "recovery" mode. Oh, don't worry it's not what you think! I didn't drink too much and am not recovering from a hangover. I am simply recovering from going 1,000 miles an hour while being there for four days! What I have come to conclude about Vegas is that your body makes an executive decision to forget all aspects of what time it is. When before in your regular schedule you would be yawning by 9:30pm, in Vegas the yawns never happen and you find yourself looking at the clock in disbelief of how "early" (as in 3am) it is! Oh the stories we will have to share with our kids about how we used to "rage" in our day :)

As many of you know Vegas has many reasons to go visit but this particular visit for us was because of baseball. The Toronto Blue Jays Triple A affiliate has their team there. In my opinion I would rather play on the surface of the sun because it has got to be somewhat cooler there than in Vegas. I was in absolute aww of how warm it was! Yeeks! The good thing is that even though it is outrageously hot, you don't sweat, because there is no humidity. This makes for fabulous hair the entire time you are there, and if you know me I appreciate that!

Jess arrived in Vegas a day before I did because the team decided to make their off day a travel day. Jess unfortunately was unlucky that day and continued to be after I arrived. Vegas did not treat him well this trip, but he does have tonight to gain back what he lost. I know he and I are both hoping he does!

Overall the gambling was a fail amongst the team. Only one guy really made some money but other than that everyone was in the same boat. I really do not know what the team was thinking by sending these boys there for 5 days! 5 days is too long for anybody let alone a team of 25 baseball players!

Other than the gambling the trip was a fun one! A lot of the wives/fiancees/girlfriends went so we all got to meet if we hadn't or spend more time with the ones we already knew. I really like trips like that! Ones where since we are all connected by this sport that has become our life gives us the chance to really feel like the family we are even if we may not like it sometimes. Some personalities don't mix but that is usual for situations regarding people and I am so glad I got to go on this trip!

One day we did a little shopping and I finally got a new bag! YAY! I went into Louis Vuitton and tried on the bag that I have been drooling over for quite sometime. This led to me only being disappointed because the bag just didn't "fit". It didn't compliment me at all. So what do I do? I ask to see the one I liked 2nd best, and what happens? It fits! It came with a hefty price tag too :) One this chick didn't really feel like paying. So.....I walk down to H&M (one of my favorite stores) and browse around. What do I find? I very cute, oversized summer purse that is just BEAUTIFUL! I leave Cesar's Palace with a $35.00 bag and a smile on my face that I could not wipe off! Jess of course was mad because he wanted me to buy the purse but I just told him I would rather buy $1500 dollars worth of stuff to put in our new house, and if you know my husband you know he shut his mouth real quick and didn't argue a bit.

We had dinner at a really good Italian place and just some other random places while we were there. Last night we actually Zip Line across the old strip and that was a lot of fun! Jess was a wreck but was team player since our roommate and his fiancee were doing it with us. It was awesome and well worth the 20 bucks!

Our roommate Broderick, his Fiancee Kara and me and Jess!

View from the top of the Zip Line

Ready to Goooo! :)

Broderick and Kara

I recommend doing the Zip Line to anyone who goes there! People are everywhere below you and it is such and awesome (30 second) experience!

Here are some other pictures from our trip!

The light show that goes on every hour on the hour!


Me at the light show.

Out on the old strip on Friday night!

Getting a quick workout in!

Shopping at Cesar's!

Jess pitched on Saturday night and did well! The line up had a lot of lefty's in it so we anticipated on him not throwing very much. He did really well and hit 93 five times during his 15 or so pitch inning. So proud of that boy!

Jess and I had the opportunity to catch up with some of our old teammates from Cleveland. Aaron and Jackie Laffey are now with Toronto and he is playing in Triple A. He started on Saturday night and he went a complete game with 86 pitches! He too did amazing that night! It was nice to see them because the last time we saw them they had just had their first baby. They now have 2 and the first one is a "big boy" now.

I hope y'all had a nice weekend! Im now going to listen to the rain and watch one of Jess' teammates make his Major League Debut with St. Louis against the Dodgers on TV.

Until next time.....

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment