Monday, May 14, 2012

Let's Play Catch Up....

So as usual I have been crazy crazy busy! With school, my best friends wedding, my sister's prom, moving from Kilgore to Austin and Jess' road trip to Round Rock, it has been one hellacious couple of weeks! So today I am going to fill you all in on whats been up with the Todd family.

On April 27th I flew to Ennis for my best friend Erika's wedding. As you all know wedding's are crazy in itself and since the wedding was not until 7:30 on April 28th, I hit the ground running on the 27th in Dallas. I literally went from the airport to a quick lunch, to helping decorate, to picking up my dress, to getting ready for the rehearsal dinner and then onto the rehearsal dinner. We had a slumber party at one of my friends houses and we stayed up late, which was highly a bad decision considering we had a FULL day ahead of us. It was crazy and hectic but very exciting! I am so happy for Erika and she was a very beautiful bride!

The next day (which was a sunday) my mom took me and my cousin to Kilgore so we could pack up our house and move to Austin on Tuesday. Umm....let's just say that this girl was a little tired from the days before and was not looking forward to packing up the first house my husband and I called home. The good thing is God has blessed me with some great family members and my Jakey was there to help me! Jake and I are the same age just six months apart. We grew up together and had the same circle of hell-raising friends so the packing gave us a chance to catch up since we don't really get to see each other that often anymore. By Monday night we were absolutely spent! (spent is a term we use that is a state of being-like "we spent all the energy we had and we are done") Thank the lord that Jess' parents came down and helped us start packing the U-Haul because 1) we were tired and 2) we had to end up getting another U-Haul because we had wayyyy more (pardon my french) shit than I even imagined! As defeating as it was on us we had it all packed, moved and unloaded in Austin by Tuesday night. We got back to Ennis around 10pm and we all hit the hay! I will say that I was sour with my mother the entire time we were moving but after I laid my head on that pillow with assurance all of my stuff was moved and done I was so thankful for her. I guess it's true....Mom's really do know best :)

A couple of days later after studying and submitting papers I drove back to Austin to get Jess from the airport. We went to our new house and looked around. It felt good being in it together and I can't wait until the off season gets here so we can really spend some time in it together.

The next day I drove home for my sister's prom. We had a full day of primping and getting ready for her last prom ever! She looked beautiful and had a really great time! She went with a group of really nice kids and I was so happy she got to enjoy her last prom with them. I know she will never forget it!



As the sun rose on Sunday I got up and got ready to head back to Austin. I got back there just in time to see Jess throw and he did A-MAZ-ING! So proud of that sweet boy! He has worked so hard!

The next day I flew back to Memphis and again my speed was still at full force. Our roommates wife flew in and I had finals :/ not fun when you have someone to entertain! A lot of juggling happened this week because not only was she in town, Jess' BFF's came into town for a Bachelor party. They had a LOT of fun. I mean LOADS of fun and I am so glad they planned it around seeing Jess because he was so happy to see them. I enjoyed seeing them as well and wished they could have stayed longer. They all left yesterday and just missed Jess pitching by a couple of hours. He did well again and I know they were so sad they missed it. Maybe next time though!

Since yesterday was a early game we offered to babysit for one of Jess' teammates so he could take his wife out for Mother's Day. She was an absolute gem and now I think Jess is spoiled as to how kids really act. She could not have been more perfect! I was amazed....and kind of shocked! I figured there would be a lot of crying but she was cooler than a cucumber! Cra-zay!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mama's out there that read my blog! I hope y'all had a fan-tab-ulous day!

We are getting ready to head to Vegas on Thursday so wish us some luck! I know I will need it!

Happy Monday!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment