Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Weekend

We kind of had a rough beginning to the weekend on Friday morning. As I said last week we were gearing up to leave Spring Training and head north for the season. Before I go on, let me fill you in on some things that will make this easier to understand. Jess is a Free Agent, so this means when he signs a contract with a team he isn't guaranteed a job, he must show up and compete for one. I'm sure you are thinking that seems fair, yeah me too. I agree. So with how his training went we felt pretty confident in his chances and didn't really stress too much about the what if's. He had a wonderful Spring, he really did. Every outing (excluding his first one) was spot on. Even his games in the big leagues were great but with impending releases, cuts and the setting of rosters the final day of camp came.

He always texts me after he has breakfast to see how we are in the morning so he had let me know that he was in the clear and his name was on the list for Triple A. Around 9:30 my phone rings and it's Jess. I knew that was odd because he never calls unless he's on his way home or there is an emergency.

He basically said that they didn't have room for him in Double A or Triple A but asked him stay in Florida for a few more weeks to see if any moves were made that would make room for him. I know at first he was very shocked and his pride was for sure wounded. He had to pitch in a game that afternoon so I made sure to be uplifting and positive instead of jump on the hurt feelings bandwagon with him. I just really want God to guide us so I am trying with all my heart to really accept things as they come even though it has been really hard for me to watch Jess be so down and out about the whole situation. I was waiting to hear that Earth shattering advice from God after all this happened but it dawned on me Monday afternoon that maybe I should take the advice from my favorite verse and just "Be Still". There is nothing I can do to help, change or solve this situation so I cannot sit anxiously figuring out a way to. I need only to be still because the Lord will fight for me(Jess).


Easter Sunday:
Most Easter's are spent traveling to the next city, checking into hotels or unpacking and getting settled in a new place. This year we celebrated by going to a Church by our house, having lunch and then making rice crispy treats together afterwards. It was a very fun relaxed day and we missed our families a ton! 



I love the statement "He is Risen". There is definitely a world's worth of hope in that statement for me. And I love Easter, I think it is one of the most underrated holiday's. One of the most important yet underrated and under celebrated. 

I hope y'all had a wonderful Easter and having an even better week! 

Love,
E

1 comment: