Thursday, April 2, 2015

Hello April!

April is here! I cannot even believe it. Less than a week for Opening Day and just about 8 weeks until T is 1. This has been the fastest year of my life. I remember being in high school wishing the years would pass faster so that I could go off to college and get away from my parents watchful eyes. Umm, what was I thinking? Now I am longing for the years to be longer!

We have a busy next couple of weeks ahead of us. In my previous post I said that our car would be shipped anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th but that fell through today. As we were heading out to Jess' game I got an email with the news. In normal baseball fashion I was scrambling around all afternoon trying to figure out how to get our car across the county. What a lot of people don't understand is that baseball doesn't take holidays. We have one holiday and that is All-Star Break. Can I get an Amen? Jess plays 142 games within 152 days. Once Spring comes around we are non stop until September or October. So with Good Friday on Friday and Easter on Sunday we are in a bit of a bind but I think I found a company that is willing to help us out. The man was nice and his sister's name is Erica so I think he favored me a little ;)

With that off my list of to-do's for this week I can focus on the million other things I should be doing. I am sure something else will come busting at the seams but that makes it all the more adventurous! One thing that is still on my list to do is make another list of all that I will need for T while we are on the road for the next couple of weeks. I am an avid list maker, I NEED to see it written down. I just have to. I plan on sharing all that I plan on carrying with me with y'all just in case y'all have little ones y'all will be traveling with soon. Things are definitely more Titan centered verses my husband and self centered. I did get myself and Jess a little something though to keep us calm and steady during these next few months.

It's called a Baseball Lacelet and they are made by a baseball wife and her sister. The baseball wife's husband is actually on Jess' team this year which I thought was pretty cool.  Jess' is black and says "I press on toward the goal, for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:14 and mine is tan and says "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14. We need little reminders every now and then and I feel like this is a good way for us to always see it. You can find all their products here. I did the create your own but there are other options already made up for you to choose from and products as well. I highly recommend getting one! We love ours!

Before I go I have to share this picture of T and Jess. The one on the left T is 3 weeks old at his very first baseball game. The picture on the right T is 42 weeks old (9 1/2 months) at his first Spring Training game. Obviously a huge difference. I can't wait to compare the picture on the left at a year!
I hope y'all have some fun plans for Easter this weekend! 

Love,
E


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for supporting my small business! It means so much to know that our product brings baseball families together and is a daily reminder. Best of luck this season! Hope to meet up with you all! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete