Sunday, April 26, 2015

Under The Same Moon

My mother and I watched a movie called "Under the same Moon" years ago. It was one of the sweetest, saddest movies I have ever seen. It was about a woman and her son who had been separated while the mother was trying to come to the U.S. for work from Mexico. The mother wrote her son letters and told him that they were closer than he thought because they were "under the same moon" and that when he got sad just to look at the moon. The mother and son ended up reuniting years later and it was such a heart warming, triumphant story that I still love today.

This past week we left Jess in Florida and came home to wait things out. I don't know if many of you have stayed in a hotel for an extended amount of time with an 11 month old, but we could tell it wasn't working for us. We spent our final day there celebrating Jess' birthday and eating all his favorite things. Once it was time for us to go to the airport we were all pretty sad and we could both tell Titan knew something was up.



Saying "bye" is always hard for me. Every season before I cried after Jess left for the road trips, I cried super hard when my family left me and Titan in Reno last year to be with Jess for the season and I cried when he left us at our gate that night. "Bye's" are hard. Especially now with Titan, not knowing when we would be all together again was emotional but then I reminded myself of what I say when I miss my family. "Erica, they aren't that far away. We are under the same moon." So I told Jess and Titan the same thing and at night when I get sad I literally go look at the moon or take Titan to the window to look for it. It might sound dumb but it makes me feel better.

Being back home has been so nice! Titan has had some adjustment issues to our house but I think he is getting better. He is kind of confused as to what is going on and I am afraid he has inherited a trait of mine that hates a lot of change all at once. Hold on baby boy this ride will only get more fun. I can't wait until you and I venture to all the ballparks!

He turned 11 months today but I will update y'all on that tomorrow. Sorry I have been MIA. I have been shuffling back and forth from my house to my parents house so I have had little time to blog. Thank you for reading though, you will never know how much it means to me!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment