Monday, November 12, 2012

Baseball in Santo Domingo!

Hello!

Jess has officially been in the Dominican for 1 full week. It has been pretty good so far. He was finally activated Saturday for their double header. He came in for .2 with runners on 1st and 3rd. He gave up one hit, then an infielder made and error on the next batter and then had 2 pop flies to end the inning. He did well for not throwing in a while and he said he felt good with his location. Overall it was a great first outing in Winter Ball!

He had an off day this week so the owner of the team took the "American" guys to his house to go deep sea fishing. Jess said his house was about 2 hours away. Once they got there they went about 15 miles out onto the ocean and fished for a while. They then headed back and had dinner at the owners 9 bedroom mansion. Jess had a lot of fun and I made him take pictures so I could share with y'all!






Jess said the table in the top picture sat 25 people! That is crazy! The house looked more like a resort to me. He said it was absolutely beautiful and he had an amazing time!

He is still adjusting to the food. Everyday at the field he eats this....

This is fried chicken with fried plantains....eghh.

I could probably stomach the plantains I just don't know about the "chicken" :)

Luckily the restaurant I told y'all about last time (Champs) serves American food so he usually eats this for lunch or dinner.


This to me looks absolutely delicious and Jess agrees but says its not for $30.00. One pizza averages around $37.00 there which seems a tad unreasonable but I guess since they can get away with charging that they do. 

While Jess' first week in the Dominican was a busy one mine here in America was as well. I have been supervising our Spec house since I am here at my parents in Ennis. The house is coming up fast and I am very pleased with how it is all coming together.



I can't wait until we start on the inside. I picked everything out a couple of weeks ago and am so ready to see it all put together!

Other than that and school I have been busy helping my mom work at her office and taking care of my cousins little girl. I miss Jess but am glad that I can help out here in Ennis while he is gone. This week and next week will be preparation for Thanksgiving and Christmas! I am so excited for Christmas but a little disturbed by the fact that some people already have their trees up. That is just too early! Let's enjoy one holiday at a time people! Seriously! I am a total Christmas person and love the holiday season but people are seriously rushing the holidays right by and I don't like it. 

I will be back this week with some fun Thanksgiving snacks! I can't wait to share them!

Happy Monday Y'all!

Love, 
E

No comments:

Post a Comment