Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jess Update!


Hello!

I hope everyone is having a great first week of November!

I just wanted to update y'all on Jess. He made it to Santo Domingo around 2pm our time on Monday. He is two hours ahead of us. His initial response to my question of "How is it there?" was "It's scary and different!". I assumed he was going to say it was different but I didn't think he was going to sound that scared when he said it was scary. He ate dinner with a few of the other "American" guys from the team after yesterday's game. The resort he is staying at is very Americanized and there is a restaurant there called Champ's they ate at. Jess said it's very expensive there and he is still adjusting to the pesos. He also said that all of the waitstaff and workers there are very nice and they remember your name even though they have only heard it once. He can't eat any vegetables, lettuce or water that isn't bottled. I have a feeling he will have a tiny adjustment with the food there. Other than that he hasn't really said how he feels about being there. I think the jury is still out on that one. 

He threw a bullpen yesterday and he said it went fine. There wasn't much arm strength but that he felt good. He hopes to activate himself on Friday so he could be pitching live in a game by the end of the week.

Please continue to pray for him. I will keep you posted on what happens next there in Santo Domingo! 

Love,
E





No comments:

Post a Comment