Friday, December 21, 2012

A little bit of bragging....


This past Tuesday I was lucky enough to witness my mother receive an award for being ranked amongst the Top 250 Hispanic Real Estate Agents in the U.S. and one of the Top 20 Hispanic Real Estate Agents in the Dallas area.

For those of you who don't know me or my family I would like to fill you in on some background. My parents were only 18 when I was born. I am sure that you are thinking "typical" but one thing I can retaliate with is this....yes, my parents were still in High School and yes, they were young. They did struggle in the beginning like all young parents do but it didn't take long for them to get on their feet and get their own place. When I look back at pictures of when I was a baby I was always decked out in pretty dresses, big bows and lacey socks. When I was five my sister was born and the trend carried on with matching outfits, bows and all that jazz. All my life I had everything I could have ever wanted or dreamed of.



My point of all this is that me and my sister never went without. If my parents were struggling I had no idea. Neither one of my parents got to go to college because of my grand entrance into their lives and it wasn't until I was 19 that my mom went and got her Real Estate License. This year marks her fifth year of practicing Real Estate and she achieved a very monumental award in those 5 short years she has been in it.

Make no mistake though, I was born to two people who are hustlers. My parents work so hard and are always on the go working on something. I almost feel inadequate at times because of how hard they work. On top of that they are some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. I almost never make a decision without calling them first. That is not because I am a baby I just know how smart they are and will always give me good advice.

I wanted to share all this with you not just to brag on my mom and my dad but because I am so proud of them. I admire and respect them both so much and am so thankful for all that they have done and continue to do for me.

So if y'all are reading this mom and dad I love you and am so proud of all that y'all have accomplished.

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment