Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Family Day 2012!


On Friday Jess set out to the deer lease and I headed up North to Ennis. I had to finish some Christmas shopping and our annual Christmas Family Day was on Saturday.

Christmas Family Day is something we do one Saturday in December that involves some sort of activities done together. Myself, Jess, my mom, dad, sister, my adopted brother Cody and his little girl Kinsley are the attendees. This year Jess was out of pocket but this offseason has been a particularly weird one so we made an exception for his absence.

We started the day out with lunch in the Northpark area and then made our way over to the Gaylord Texas for the ICE! exhibit. I for one did not dress prepared for the freezing cold temperatures. I find myself in that situation a lot (i.e. Las Vegas 2006? 2007?) I figured the parka they provide would have kept me warm enough but boy was. I. WRONG! Next year when I drag Jess back I will be sure to wear my own coat underneath the parka and my Uggs!

Waiting in line for ICE!



Kinny loves her Bubba!








After we basically ran through the exhibit since we were all freezing cold, we headed into the Gaylord Lobby to admire all the lights and Christmas trees they had put up.

A specialty shop that had the same name and spelling as my mom's name.

Center of the lobby ceiling.


We loved all the Christmas Trees!

On the bridge by "Texas Station" in the Gaylord.

We left the Gaylord around 7 and went to the Galleria for some ice skating and dinner. Although I would loved to share pictures I didn't get a chance to take any with my camera and my phone camera didn't take that good of pictures.

All in all it was a wonderful day. We missed Jess but next year he will be there! I hope all of you are getting the chance to spend time with your loved ones this holiday season, it's what I love most about this time of year.

I hope y'all's weekends were spectacular!

Love,
E

p.s.
Finish that Christmas shopping! You only have 9 days left ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment