Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"Hey Neighbor!"

...."Where you going to put that tree?"....

"Bend over and I'll show ya!" :)


We spent all afternoon and through 2 showings of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" decorating for Christmas. Before I knew it I looked up and it was 6pm! Jess was starving and I was pretty famished myself. We took a break to have pizza and then I went back to work!

When it comes to Christmas I am a little kid at heart. Growing up my parents did a really good job at making Christmas be a magical time of year. Looking back presents were just a plus to the month of December and all that Christmas entailed. It was about spending time together, seeing all the Christmas lights and drinking hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows.

My grandma Emma was huge on Christmas. This made my dad love Christmas and then once my parents had me and then my sister it just got bigger and bigger! My grandma Emma sang in the "Living Christmas Tree" that the Baptist Church put on every year. I remember getting all dressed up in a nice crushed velvet ruby red dress, patten leather shoes, big bow and a London Fog jacket to add the finishing touch so we could go watch her sing. If Coco Chanel would have seen me I know she would have thought that I looked perfect!

Still to this day when I smell the Aromatique "Smell of Tree" scent or even the scents of Evergreen and Cinnamon I revert back to those days. Her house was filled with those aromas when we went over to her house after the program to have hot chocolate and cider with gingerbread cookies. I can't imagine the love for a child because I love that woman so much and every single day that I spent with her that it hurts. During the holidays I wish at least once a day I was 6 years old again just so I could spend time with her again. Two weeks ago my best friend reminded me that my grandma was with me so I can't help but think she is smiling down on all my decorations down here. Laughing at how mad I get when Jess tells me some decoration doesn't look right or when he won't turn down a street so I can see the lights on a house. I can't help myself. My parents and sister are the same way. My parents house has 5 Christmas Trees in it. WE LOVE CHRISTMAS and it's all because of her :)

Before I met Jess and we got married Christmas was important to me. He made it even more special to me in December of 2008 by proposing. I have got to hand it to him on that one and I'm sure my grandma Emma would agree. It. Was. Epic. I still want to tear up when I think about it. He knew I would FOR SURE say yes on that night. Not that I would have said no but I mean come on! Its like the day/night that I look forward to all year!









We have another Christmas Tree we could put up but have yet to do so. We were going to do it today but our house was shown so when racing around the house to make sure everything and I mean EVERYTHING was perfect for the "potential" buyer we were too tired to decorate some more. My sister is coming to stay the weekend with us on Thursday so maybe I will persuade her to help me do it.

Im off to prep for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. This is one night in particular Jess let's me run the remote....haha ;)

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment