Thursday, May 5, 2011

The First Week of May!


With the first week of May coming to a close I must say that it has been an eventful one! From the news of the death of Osama Bin Laden, Cinco De Mayo, My birthday and mine and Jess' 5 year anniversary we just have had a lot going on! The days have just flown on by and from the looks of Jess' schedule the whole month is going to fly by!

Yesterday evening Jess surprised me with a birthday party at the ONLY good DECENT Mexican food place here in Columbus! Two of his teammates were there and our Bible Study teacher Sumita and her husband were there. It was such a surprise and I dont even know how I didnt cry but I held my composure! (Lol, me hold composure?!?) I held it as best as I could anyway. We had chips, salsa and queso! That is my favorite! Jess and I shared fajitas and they were delicious! After we finished eating we went over to Sumita's and had cake. She ordered a cake from some place here that their specialty was Red Velvet and I just so happen to have a specialty in eating Red Velvet so she ordered it quick! It was AMAZING and Jess and I have been eating on it today too! Here are some pics from the party!

Me with my delicious birthday cake!

Words cant explain how good this was!

Here is to another wonderful year with my family and friends!

Opening presents!

I posted this picture because I made this exact same facial expression 20 years ago at my 4th birthday party. My sweet Grandma Emma bought me a purse and I was so happy I looked up to find her with a huge grin. This year Sumita gave me a purse too and like my normal self I was in love with it and made the same face I did when I was 4 and had gotten a purse. This makes me miss my grandma more today but I know she was there in spirit.

Today was my official birthday and as if I didnt get enough yesterday my sweet husband scheduled a Spa Day for me today. It was 3 hours of total pampering that I absolutely didnt deserve but loved every minute. He really outdid himself this year and Im so thankful for his generosity.

My birthday also marks our 5 year anniversary. We were just babies when we started dating! Literally 18 and 19 years old! Looking back now I cant believe its been that long. Im so thankful I met him that semester at what I thought was "dredded" Navarro College. My life has never been the same and I wouldnt change that for anything.

I hope yall had a good (what my friends call it) Cinco De Drinko today! Enjoy yalls Friday tomorrow!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment