Sunday, May 8, 2011

Road Warriors, Gypsy Souls, 2 man traveling band....

When I was in high school I learned what the term "Gypsy Soul" meant. Being the Taurus I am I automatically thought being a "Gypsy Soul" was not something I thought I was at the time or would ever be. 6 years and 2 teams later Im beginning to think that is exactly what I am.

Marrying a professional athlete has brought me to many wonderful places. Small itty bitty towns with the Cardinals in Short Season ball thru double A. Then big cities with the Cardinals and Indians for Triple A and the Big leagues and now it has brought me and my Husband to the Yankees Organization! The DYNASTY of allllll baseball! After a bit of a rough time in the Indians Organization, Jess was designated on April 30, 2011. If you dont know what that means there is no reason for me to go into details because you wont understand. Basically its just a really confusing way of trying to make room for up and coming players who are not on the 40 man roster. The Indians had to make a move to bring up a starter and Jess was the one to go. God as our never failing and so so so loving Father gave Jess the opportunity to play on one of the greatest teams in baseball history. He may have closed the door with the Indians but opened another door right back open with the Yankees. I am so excited for the opportunity that God has given Jess. I know this is going to be an unbelievable ride and I am so blessed to be able to witness it.

So for now our home is Scranton, PA, home of the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankees and the hilarious sitcom The Office! Not too much comes and goes out of here but its still new to us and we havent learned any of the hidden gems yet! Im so excited for this awesome awesome opportunity and Im so so soooooo proud of my husband!

Housing wise we dont have a place and probably wont until June. There is nothing that suits us available until then and we dont just want to take whatever just because I am a control freak and want to have a place to call mine! Lol! On the upside of the housing situation Jess left on an 8 day road trip today and I am flying home to see my family. So that will only leave around 2 weeks of us staying in a hotel until something opens. Ive become found of hotels so that doesnt bother me at all.

Jess hasnt thrown in his new uniform yet but I can tell he is going to look so cute! I got a couple of pictures of him in the bullpen throwing a little bit. They arent great but you can see him in his pin-stripes! Here is a couple of pictures of our new baseball home as well!

Not too shabby....


The cool bullpen!



These are kind of blurry b/c the bullpen is so far from my seat. Jess is now #17!


So what I've come to realize is that my husband and I are "Gypsy Souls". We are "Road Warriors" and a "2 man traveling band" (Im the lead singer and he is back up/drums), we have been a lot of places and seen a lot of things that have led us right where we are supposed to be and thats here in Scranton, PA!

I will see some of yall soon! I hope yall all enjoyed Mother's Day! I get to see my mother tomorrow and Im so ready to give her a big hug! I love you all and thank you for reading!
Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment