Sunday, May 29, 2011

8 day road trips!

Well hello everyone! When Jess went on the road I decided to go on the road as well! I took an 11 day vacation from the blog and now Im back! While Jess was in Tacoma and Salt Lake I went home to spend some time with my family. I love going to visit them! It makes me feel young again. Not that Im an old lady or anything but being there in my parents home it makes me feel like a baby again. Im sure that sounds gay but thats just how I feel :)

Plus like I said before Im a foodie. I love love love food. So I get to eat at my favorite home town places while I visit! Most of my friends actually all of my friends have moved out of Ennis so we meet in Dallas for dinner. Which is great because I love Dallas so I dont mind driving a little to see them.

I was happy to get back to Memphis on Friday because A) I hadnt seen Jess in 8 days and B) I cannot explain the happiness in my heart about us being back here with this organization. As I sat in the stands Friday night I couldnt help but to feel so happy. Like as if my heart were smiling too. I know Memphis isnt safe and yadda yadda yadda but I have already seen a difference in my husband and I cant thank God enough for leading us back to this place. I dont know what the future holds but I do know that God took care of us through all of that and he will continue to do so. So Im not worried! Its going to work out and its going to be even better than what we have planned or want.

I want to share with yall one of my newest obsessions! Now that summer is here and all the fruits are in season I am in heaven! My aunt started making this salad a couple of years ago and now all these places have similar ones at their restaurants. My aunts is spinach leaves, strawberries, grapes, almonds and avocados. The strawberries are cut into fours or sixes (depending on how big they are) and the grapes are cut in halves. I dont eat avocados so I dont put those on mine. The dressing is a fat free poppyseed dressing that is delicious! After eating hers for years I decided to do my own. I changed it a little though, I use grilled chicken, strawberries, pecans and a low fat raspberry balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Here is a picture of it! It was Amazing!


Other than trying new things with salads here is what Ive been up to. Im not the best at taking pictures but I thought they were good!




My mom and her sisters wanted some pictures taken so we went out to this field full of sunflowers that were just gorgeous! My cousin and his little girl came too and I snapped a few quick pictures of them as well. They came out way better than I thought seeing that I did it so fast!

Jess had his first home outing on Friday and he did so good! He looks so good in a Cardinals Uniform!






I hope everyone is enjoying their 3 day weekends! 
Love,
E


No comments:

Post a Comment