Monday, January 21, 2013

Easy Paleo Gumbo

After having a "cheat day" on Saturday I knew that Sunday I had to have something tasty on the menu to help bounce back from it. I stumbled upon this Paleo Jumbalaya Recipe while I was looking for a easy Paleo Pizza crust. I decided to give it a shot since there was really no other reason not to. Jess and I love cajun food so that was another reason I wanted to try it out.

You can find the recipe here. I altered it by using 4 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup chicken stock, only 3 green peppers and adding all the meat into it right off the bat. I cooked it on high for 4 1/2 hours in a crockpot. I also added the okra and made the spice as it says to make it instead of using Tony Chachere's. I also changed the name of it from Jumbalaya to Gumbo because they mean the same thing to me I just like the word Gumbo better.

The Gumbo was a winner in this house and everyone enjoyed it. This recipe will definitely be repeated some time in the near future!

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward."
-Martin Luther King Jr. 

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment