Thursday, January 3, 2013

What is a resolution?

Since New Year's Eve I have been thinking about the quote end quote New Year Resolution(s). While Jess and I were having our New Year's Eve dinner I asked him what his resolutions were. Of course he replied with "I don't have any" which didn't surprise me. My husband is a simple man and doesn't care too much about what "everyone else is doing". This topic did kick off a good dinner conversation because frankly neither one of us had set any resolutions for ourselves. A few minutes in while discussing how everyone's resolutions are to join a gym, lose weight and quit smoking, Jess looked at me and said "Well, I do have one. It's a small one...." of course I said "Well let me hear it." He said "I want to get closer with God". This hit me like a rock. I'm no Bible beater per se but I am more outwardly spiritual than my husband. Religion and being religious openly has always been a little hard for Jess. He attends Bible studies and we go to Church (when we can) but he has never really been in your face about it. Which is good because no one likes a liar ;)

I still don't really have a resolution that I have set because what really is a resolution if you can't keep it? I like using the word "goal". I think having goals are better than resolutions. I'm sure you are thinking ta-may-to, to-ma-to, goals, resolutions=same thing. Sorry people not to this girl.

2012 brought a lot of exciting things for me and Jess. We bought our first house and then decided to sell it....We are still learning the ins and outs of being adults ;) Thank God our parents didn't strangle us when we made the decision to sell because you do know what selling a house entails....PACKING and MOVING....AGAIN. Let's just say we are blessed down to every hair that is on each of our heads and our parents are willing to help us move, AGAIN. So to kick 2013 off we are moving. We started the packing process on New Year's Eve and it is still commencing as we speak.

Other than moving in the next week I can't wait to see how Jess' resolution goes this year. I think this resolution is such a positive way to better himself, our marriage and all relationships he has in his life.

What are y'all's resolutions? If you haven't made any it's not to late! It's only January 3rd! Get on it! ;)

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment