Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cinco De Mayo!

When I had my 1st birthday 26 years ago, my parents were so kind by making it a Red, White and Green themed party. This was because my birthday is on Cinco De Mayo which is Mexico's Day of Independence. Jess (up until last year) thought that Cinco De Mayo was a "made up" holiday for people just to go out and get slammed. So this year he embraced it and my birthday more than he has before!

The team had a day game which was even more fabulous because this meant that we had the evening off from the field. We decided this was a perfect time to have a Fiesta! One of the other pitcher's wives and myself went and got all the stuff we needed and set it all up before heading to the game. Around 6:30 the boys' teammates started showing up and the party was kicked off!

 Jess made some FABULOUS margarita's! 

 This cake was so so good! Haley (pictured below) made it and not only was it delicious, it was so thoughtful!

 One of the sweetest people I have ever met! So thankful to have met such a genuine person!

This man never ceases to amaze me. I thank God everyday for him. He is truly a blessing and I hope that I bless him as his wife as much as he blesses me as my husband. 

This past birthday left me with a feeling of overwhelming thankfulness. God has blessed me so much and I know that I am so unworthy of it all. I love every bit of this life I have whether it be good, great, terrible, ugly or crazy. My heart is so full and I hope that I can bless and touch others like I have been blessed and touched. 

So here is to turning 26! May I do more for others this year than any year before. I hope to be witness not a judge and a light to all that I meet. 

Thank you all for your birthday wishes and love! I love each and everyone of you and thank you for being a part of my life!

xoxo

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment