Friday, May 3, 2013

Making the "Unknown" a Home


By now you would think I would be a pro at moving in and out of places. I have this routine I do when we move into a new place and I still find myself learning new things to do every time I am in this situation.

First I go through every room, look through the drawers, under the beds, in the closets, through the kitchen and check all the bathrooms. Then I start cleaning. I go and buy all kinds of good smelly stuff because let's face it! A home isn't a home if it doesn't smell like you. I am a little psycho when it comes to how a place smells. After a lot of trial and error I have found that Bath and Body Works "wallflowers" are the best plug-ins on earth. They are the only ones who last a long time yet still smell strong enough to transform and unknown stinky place into a sweet one. Clorox wipes are a staple along with at least 2 types of Febreeze AND Lysol. Don't forget the Lysol! Then to really seal the deal on making the new place our home I cook! 

We really hit the jackpot in this apartment because the couple that lived here before us left us a lot of stuff. Such as a broom, vacuum cleaner, lots of paper towels and toilet paper, coffee maker, magic bullet, more Clorox Wipes and trashcans! Woo hoo! I cannot tell you how many trashcans I have bought in my lifetime! So thankful to them for thinking of us or better yet not having enough room to take it with them! ;)



Jess is thrilled to be in this picture, can't you tell??


It isn't the Ritz Carlton but it's no strings attached and if something were to happen we can just pack our stuff up and leave. Having convenience like that in the Baseball world makes a whole lot of difference. It is so nice to be settled and able to cook a good meal for Jess. Hotels are great but after 2 and a half months of it we were tapped out!

I hope all of you are enjoying May! It's finally warm in Toledo so I am thrilled about that!

Happy Friday!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment