Friday, May 24, 2013

Touch or be Touched

Growing up in school we are taught to "Make a difference", "Stand up for what YOU believe in" and to do something that will impact the world. Along with those we are always encouraged to do something for others, or to "touch them". I do not know if I have ever "touched" someone but I know that Wednesday I was touched by one of my dear friends.

I met Rachel Weiland after we moved to Austin for Jess to workout during the offseason 2011/2012. Jess had been throwing with her husband Kyle at the University of Texas. We ended up finally meeting the day before her and Kyle were heading out for Spring Training so we didn't really get to know each other until the offseason came back around. Jess and I decided to buy a house there so that he could spend the whole offseason getting ready for the upcoming seasons instead of just a few months prior. Rachel and Kyle lived right down the street in our little community and that is when our friendship really began.

Anyone who knows Rachel knows that she is hilarious! She is fun, SO sweet, bubbly and you can't help but to smile when you are around her because she just has that effect on you. She is actually the reason I finally put my blog out there for everyone to see. She has given me incredible advice and I admire everything she does and says. Rachel has an awesome blog where she does reviews for make-up, tutorials, shares recipes and some of her recent outfit purchases. I love to read her blog because I lack (which is an understatement) knowledge in the make-up department. She is my go-to gal when I need to know anything! You can find all of Rachel's tips and tricks here at Glow of Grace!

But to get back on track to what I was saying....

Rachel featured myself and another baseball wife Wednesday on her blog. She sent me a text late that afternoon letting me know she had just posted and to take a look. I immediately opened up my email that I get from subscribing to her blog and read away. A couple of minutes in tears began forming in my eyes. My husband even sat up on the couch and asked if I was ok because I started to full fledge cry! I was so moved by the words she had written and knew every word was meant so graciously.

If I didn't already know Rachel's post confirmed even more that I have some really incredible people in my life. Regardless of how I have met them, may it be in my childhood, as a young adult or even now in the present time. I am truly lucky to be surrounded with the circle of people I call my friends and family. I am even more blessed to have Rachel in my life and am able to call her my friend. So today I am writing this post as a dedication to her. May I one day touch someone else the way she has touched me.

I hope y'all have a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend! I will be spending time with my family and thanking God for my freedom and for the soldiers who have fought and still fight for it today.

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment