Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend in Indy!

Although I have been to Indianapolis before, it has been about 3 years since we have been back there for Jess to play. In my opinion it is a very underrated city. The baseball field, Lucas Oil Field and the Pacers basketball arena are all in the same area. Right in the center of all these is a nice mall and plenty of yummy places to eat! The hotel we stay at is in walking distance of all of these things which makes even more enjoyable.

We carpooled with another couple which makes things so much funner in my opinion! The boys talk their same sports talk and play their iPad games and the girls obviously have more sophisticated convos about clothes, food and reality tv. It makes 3 hour car rides fly by!

While I didn't get any good pictures of the city and all that we did, it was definitely a fun trip. We were there from Friday and just got back this evening. On Saturday one of my friends family came in and we went to dinner. Her mom also brought me some wonderful Lavender Cookies that she made from scratch. They are a perfect size and I could eat about 1,000 of them. I had never had a Lavender Cookie before and I have been missing out big time!

On our walk to dinner there were crowds of people everywhere due to the Pacers playing the Knicks in the playoffs. Spike Lee walked right past us and I was of course star struck! I get so excited when I see famous people! I felt like I was going to reach out and grab him, haha! Probably a good thing my parents taught me manners ;)

We are back home for the next 8 days and have 4 games within those 8 that are day games. I am looking forward to that! It's the little things in life.

I hope all you mother's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! And I really hope our moms felt our love we were sending them from states away!

Happy Monday Y'all!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment