Friday, June 14, 2013

Currently

Currently I am sitting at my kitchen table in Toledo scouring my brain over what to write in this post. I have my new "Hawaiian Breeze" candle lit that I got when I was back home last month, Remember the Titans on the TV and the lights dim.

I have so much to share I just don't know how to write it. It's a strange feeling. I usually always know how interpret what I'm thinking and feeling by writing it out. Is this writer's block that I am experiencing? Surely not?!

It probably has nothing to do with the lack of sleep that I am getting due to Jess being gone. I know, I know, I am a big chicken. I don't do well sleeping alone. I need another human in the house with me. I'm needy, what can i say?

Anywho I'm just going to continue typing and see what happens....

This week has been a long one. Jess is currently on the road which equals time for me to get my stuff together-back in order-back on track-organized,  or however you want to say it. I've been back and forth to Texas since the beginning of the season so this is the first time I have been in Toledo without Jess. Let's just say Toledo is a little less beautiful without my sugarplum. Don't tell him I said that though, his head will get as big as Mars and ain't nobody got time fo dat! Especially me ;)

I took advantage of the week and started getting things together for upcoming events that are on our calendar. 2 of my bestest friends are getting married in March and April of 2014 so I have been doing a little research on ideas and things for them!

My parents are visiting at the end of the month and we will then drive up to Mackinac Island for part of their trip. Me being the control freak that I am made a list of restaurants and activities that we can do while we are on the Island. I am really looking forward to them getting here to see all that I have planned!

I also spent some time with our Bible Study teacher one day. I met her at her Church because she is gearing up for their VBS next week and thought I could help a little bit. The theme they are doing for the VBS is so neat! I know the kids attending will enjoy it!

Other than running errands and getting Jess some more shirts that he likes I haven't really done much. I find that when I am alone for a long period of time I spend a lot of time reflecting on everything that my life entails. It is so easy to fall into the hustle and bustle of it all and not get a chance to enjoy what is going on around you. I just want to take a second to express how thankful I am for everything in my life. The good, the bad, the ugly, all of it. Having some time to be reminded just how blessed I am is a nice, scary feeling if you know what I mean? Life does have a way of passing you by, I hope I am doing a good job at soaking up every moment.

It won't be too much longer until my husband is back and I am so ready to see him! Or maybe I just want to go to sleep and not wake up 50 times during the night because I think someone is coming in our house and I am going to have to whoop their butt? It's at least one of those two.

I hope y'all had a fabulous week and are going to have an even more fabulous weekend celebrating y'alls Father's!

I am sending lots of love to my daddy this weekend! I hope he can feel it all the way down in Texas!

Love,
E



No comments:

Post a Comment