Saturday, June 8, 2013

Graduation Gift


Today I am heading back to Columbus to attend one of our dear family friends daughter's graduation party. (that was a mouthful, lol)

We met this sweet family a couple of years ago when Jess was playing in Columbus. Sumita, (the mom) was my Bible Study teacher and hosted us at the end of the season when the team went into playoffs. This family is one of the most valued friendships we have and we are so thankful for all they have done and still do for us.

When we met them Alyssa, Sumita's daughter was just going to be a Sophomore in High School. A couple of days ago she graduated! Time has a way of flying by as I get older. I can't even believe she is on her way to College now!

After going back and forth on what kind of gift to get Alyssa I finally took to Pinterest and Google to get some more unique gift ideas. I brainstormed and did a combination of all the sugesstions I saw online and came up with this.



I didn't want to get her the same old song and dance of money or gift cards. I wanted to put some thought into it and I hope she loves this gift! I selected all bright colors so it would pop and bring happy thoughts while she is away from home and in her dorm.

I love giving gifts so this was a lot of fun for me!

I am off to pack now, it is slightly warmer in Columbus so I am excited to wear some fun summer clothes this weekend!

I hope y'all's Saturday has started off on the right foot! Happy weekend Y'all!

Love,
E

P.s.
Quick shout out to my parents on their 26th Wedding Anniversary today! I thank God everyday for blessing me with y'all as parents. Thank you for being such amazing role models for me and Emily. I hope I make you as proud as you make me. I love y'all!


1 comment:

  1. Erica- your gift for Alyssa was so thoughtful and creative! All of us and especially Alyssa, loved it! Thank you so much for all of your help prepping for the party. Hope you're able to get some better sleep soon and that we'll see you soon!

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete