Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chicago Day 1

Like I said before, I had never been to Chicago before. I had a list of places that I wanted to see, eat at and explore! Jess had no idea that this year's All Star Break was going to be a busy one ;)

We started our first day with brunch at Yolk. It is rated highly for their brunch next to the Bongo Room so we decided to try it out since it was so close to our hotel.



After we devoured our yummy selections we headed towards the John Hancock Building. Jess' agency is inside the building so we figured we would stop in and say hey to them and go up top to see the views!










Along our trek to get to the John Hancock we explored the Magnificent Mile. I was in retail heaven! Jess was in (lack of a better word) HELL! He was a good sport though and didn't complain too much.











These Reese's are the "World's Largest" Reese's Cups. Jess was amazed!


Cute litte Fire Station I had to get a picture of on our walk to dinner!


I will save dinner and our after dinner festivities for the next post. I don't want to overload y'all with pictures!

Things have been busy for us the past couple of weeks. I feel like I am always saying that but it is so true. We are rounding out into the last full month of the season and I can hardly believe it. I feel so blessed everyday to be able to live the life that I have. Baseball has blessed us with so many opportunities and I can't express in words just how thankful I am for that and for how hard my husband works for us.

I hope that y'alls weekend was a pleasant one! My grandma turned 79 today so this day is a special one for our family!

I will be back tomorrow with more of our Chicago trip! Sorry for the delay, I just don't like to post unless it's something meaningful and worth y'alls time to read.

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment