Monday, July 29, 2013

Dinner in ChiTown

We met up with some of our friends who are from Chicago on the first day of our trip for dinner! I told them I wanted the best deep dish pizza in town so they decided on Gino's East or the Original Gino's Pizzeria. I love pizza regardless, so I knew it wasn't going to take much convincing for me to like deep dish pizza as well.




It was so nice to catch up and chat with Haley and Casey. I have missed Haley so much and seeing them was a perfect fix until we meet again!

After our dinner was over we walked back to the hotel so Jess could finish watching the HomeRun Derby. One of Jess' good friends was a participant so it was crucial for us to see the entire derby. Once it was over we headed over to Wrigleyville. Boy, oh boy, was I excited for this!


We had to stop for some pics on our walk to get a cab, Jess was thrilled ;)



Welcome to Wrigleyville!



We stopped in Goose Island and had a drink. I chose the Cubby Blue beer and Jess had a Jack and Coke. It was a nice ending to our first night in Chicago. I will say I wasn't impressed with Wrigleyville though. It just didn't "do it" for me. Maybe next time we go I will experience it with all it's glory of raging, drunk fans. Here's hoping!

I hope Monday treated you right! We are off to dinner! Jess had a noon game today so date night it is! Whoop whoop!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment