Friday, August 23, 2013

2 Seasons

We live our lives in 2 seasons. One is Baseball season and the other is the Offseason. Yeah, sure tax collector's live by season and other professional athletes, hunter's and fisherman do too but I swear our 2 seasons are so much more emotional.

With the end of the season nearing I had to say my first "goodbye" on Wednesday night. By now you would think that I would be a pro at doing this but I think I have only mastered professional packer, driver, flyer and hotel resident to my resume. I still cry, get sick to my stomach and sit in a depressed daze for a bit. It doesn't get easy telling the women and their baby's bye but one thing I am thankful for is having the opportunity to even meet them.


Faith and her mama Ashley have been such a blessing to me. We share a common bond right off the bat because our husbands are both pitcher's. Ashley has been one of my confidant's this season and with them being from Florida we don't really know when we will see each other again. On top of that her husband and Jess are both Free Agents so who knows where the wind will take us in the coming months? One thing is for sure though, and it is that I will walk away from this season with great memories and my heart a little fuller from adding more people to it.

We are down to the wire in games and while we are ready to get home and watch our house be built, we are both sad for it to come to a close.

We are in Louisville right now for a 4 game series and then on to Indianapolis for 2. We then head home for 4 and then wrap up the season in Columbus for 2. I hope that y'all are enjoying this beautiful Friday!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment