Saturday, August 10, 2013

4 Day Road Trip Recap

We arrived back in Toledo after a 3 1/2 hour drive from Indianapolis at 3:15am. After those long drives I can't even believe we drove that far, that late, but I am so thankful God got us home safely. The life of baseball entails long drives, checking out of hotel rooms early on the getaway days, killing time in random places and lots of late night drive thru eating.

I have enjoyed these last 4 days so much and my heart has felt so full. The old me would be plagued by Jess' injury and worried sick about what the future held, but not this time. I have a sense of peace right now and I am clinching hard to it. I want to share a few of my favorite scenes from the past couple of days. Each one has filled my heart and I feel so joyed to have been able to experience each one of them.

Faith cheering on her daddy as he pitched the second game in Columbus.

Brunch with my babe in Indianapolis....
 ....our brunch, yum!

Me double fisting these sweeties during yesterday's festivities. 

Faith watching a movie in my lap while I was watching our game, doesn't get sweeter than that! Faith and her mama are some of my favorites and I enjoy spending time with them so much!

These days are dwindling down for this season as we only have 23 left. I know when we are old I am going to look back on these times and remember just how wonderful they were. This season has been a beautiful one and I am so thankful to have been a part of it.

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment