Sunday, August 4, 2013

The DL

This summer I haven't really shared much of what is going on statistically with Jess or how he has been doing. The main point of the blog to start with was to share all that but I have found something so peaceful about not posting every stat, knowing every batter Jess faces or how many K's, BB's or hits he's given up.

Being the wife of a athlete I am very superstitious (or stuperstitious as Jess would put it). Jess has done very well this season and I think he finally feels like he is making a comeback. I didn't want to post on here about his successes or losses because I didn't want to "rock the boat" if you know what I mean ;)

Well, our boat got rocked a little right after All-Star Break. Jess has always dealt with Bicep Tendinitis and it flared up when was put into the game consecutively after having 3 complete days of no throwing. Like my bio says "Live and die every pitch with me", well I live and die every pitch with that sweet man and let's just say I was just as disappointed as he was when he had to tell the trainer he didn't feel right. I wasn't disappointed in him, I was disappointed for him and I am a "fixer". That is what I do, I fix things and this I could not fix. God graciously healed his shoulder after rest and treatment but his first outing after being activated to play after 7 days, Jess hurt his back. He ran to back up home plate while he was pitching and stepped wrong. I didn't notice that it even happened!

When he came out of that clubhouse, bless his little heart he looked like a Peacock. He couldn't walk without sticking his chest out. I, of course sprung into action! I went straight to Wal-Mart and got heating pads and heat packs that stick to your body. Today is the 3rd day of his injury and they have placed him back on the DL (disabled list). He has a MRI tomorrow and they hope to see that it is what they think it is which is a muscle strain. He says it's getting better but I don't know if that is true or not. I am just trying to stay positive for him because he is pretty down about all this happening at the end of the season. So many things are plaguing his mind right now so I am reminding him of the good things and not let him stress his body out more. Some positive things he has going for him is that he has a had a wonderful season and God is good. All the time. I've struggled this week with feeling like things are spinning out of control but that is my own fault. God has got this situation and all situations in our life so I just need to let go.

Sorry for the "Debbie Downer" post, I know it's a sour way to wrap up the weekend but I just wanted to share what is going on in our lives right now. I know I don't even have to ask but if y'all think about it will ya say a little prayer for Jess? Just that he relax and let God take care of this situation. It would be greatly appreciated!

I love y'all and hope the weekend was a fun one!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment