Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Current Faves

I swear since we have gotten to Florida Titan has changed so much. We literally put him to bed one night and the next day he woke up a toddler.

He has taken about 6 steps in the past week. It probably has a lot to do with most of the rooms in our condo being tile and that can be super painful on your knees if you crawl on it all day like he does. Regardless, I see us having a walker soon. Happy and scary thoughts enter my mind when I think of T walking. How can he possibly be at this point already?!?

He is getting better everyday at feeding himself and we are trying to transition from baby food to table food. I feel like now is the time since we have so much traveling to do in the next four months so him eating more of what we can share would make things a lot easier.

BeechNut Baby Food: I do still feed him baby food on occasion. So if he's not "feeling" what I made or if he can't have what we are eating my "go-to" foods are BeechNut baby food products. They have a variety of different jarred foods and also these awesome pouches. There are no additives, just plain old fruits and veggies. I love that! I also love that the pouch is helping T learn how to hold his food while he sucks it. Sucking can be tricky for a almost ten month old as I have learned with a sippy cup in the past. 

Smoothies: This child loves smoothies. We have two recipes that are pretty much the same but we alternate different fruits if we aren't feeling like one over the other that day. 

1/2 cup Non Fat Plain Yogurt
1/2 cup Apple Juice
1/2 cup Blueberries or Strawberries
1 Banana 
8-10 pieces of ice
Then mix until it's all smooth! 

Sometimes we add an orange for extra flavor too! 

Sunshine: T has been enjoying the nice weather just as much as we have! 
This little nugget is growing up so fast. I can hardly stand it! I am so thankful that we can all be together during this time. Baseball is grueling enough on the mind and body. It would break Jess' heart if he weren't able to watch our little man grow. So thank you, God. For blessing my family and for allowing us to spend this time together.

I hope y'alls week is shaping out nicely! Only 3 more days until the weekend!

Love, 
E


No comments:

Post a Comment