Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life as Gypsies....

After returning from the All-Star Break and then an 8 day road trip, Jess and I finally got back to Memphis. We were here for 4 days then headed of to the great city of Nashville! I absolutely love Nashville! Have any of y'all ever been? Well if you haven't I HIGHLY recommend it! It is beautiful and there are so many delicious places to eat! The Grande Ole Opry is there along with the Grande Ole Opry Mall.

One of my favorite places to eat at there is The Pancake Pantry. You will always have to wait for a table no matter what. The restaurant has been around for a long time and people absolutely rave about their pancakes. They have so many to choose from so it is always hard for me to pick! The Pecan Pancakes win every single time though, they are the best in my opinion!

After the few days in Nashville we came back to Memphis for 4 days then we both headed out to opposite coasts. Jess to the West coast and me to the East coast. Jess was visiting the cities Sacramento and Fresno California. He was not very impressed with them at all. He was ready to come back on day 1! I on the other hand was visiting New York and when it came time for me to leave my mom and sister were pushing out the door of the hotel. I did not want to leave! I say that but being on opposite ends of the country from my husband was the absolute pits! I was ready to be able to talk to him again so leaving was a happy/sad thing.

We did so much while we were in New York, it felt like we never once stopped to take a breather. I kept telling my mom that it felt like my body was on Vegas time because in Vegas I keep going and going and going and then the words "OMG! It's 6 am" come out of my mouth. Yeah, weird. I turn into a 21 year zombie when I go on vacation I guess?


















I won't bore you with a million pictures. I just wanted to share a few with y'all. I hope y'all enjoy them as much as I did (probably not) but I couldn't resist posting some.

We are back in Memphis now and won't be returning to the Gypsy style life until the 31st of August. Or at least I won't, Jess goes on the road for 4 days on Saturday then comes back for 8 days. Then we will both head out to Nashville to end the season there.

It has been the fastest season for us and I am sad it is coming to an end. Thanking God everyday for this wonderful, crazy, amazingly tragic life we sometimes live. I hope y'all enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy writing about it.

Until next time....

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment