Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Monday....

Hi there!

How was y'all's Monday? Mine? It was great!

Yesterday evening some of my friends from the Indians Organization were driving thru Memphis and stopped to stay and have dinner with me. I haven't seen Kim, Olivia and Eve Carlin along with Sumita Lindsey since Jess left the organization last April. I actually have never even met Eve, she is only 6 months old. They drove in from Louisville, Kentucky where the Clippers were on an away stand there. It took them about 7 hours to get here from there. Jess made a hotel reservation for them last week through our team so they could get the team rate. I headed over to the hotel around 6:40 and we went out to dinner. We headed to Beale St. where we decided that B.B. Kings was the best choice. I honestly haven't had B.B. Kings since Jess got here back in August 2008! I was due! I was due to eat the "finger-lickin good" ribs that they offer! I opted out of that though and took full advantage of the pulled pork platter. Now while I have believed (since 2008) that the ribs were the best in Memphis, I feel as though that they have nailed, and I mean NAILED pulled pork. It was fabulous! I can't wait for Jess to get back so we can go again :)

We ended our night with a carriage ride through downtown. I in all my years of living here have never gone on a carriage ride. It was a little magical, a little romantic (as romantic as it can be with 2 other women, a little girl and a baby) and a little stinky?!? Yes, our horse laid a big one during our ride. Not. A. Fan. Of that anyways. The rest of the ride was pleasant, Memphis was on its best behavior last night and the weather was perfect.




I'm sure you are wondering why I just didn't offer for them to stay with us since they are our good friends. Well my little pretties that is just a bit more complicated to explain. You see we have a two bedroom apartment and when we started the season we had 2 roommates. One slept in the other bedroom and one slept in the dining room on a $50 dollar Target futon. Well June came and we lost the roommate that slept in the dining room to a call-up. July then came and we lost the roommate that slept in the other bedroom to a release. That was a hard loss. When you live with people most of the time you get annoyed with them and they get on your nerves, blah, blah, blah. With this lifestyle all that still applies but one day you lose your roommate and it's never by choice. We were so sad to see Broderick go. Especially the way he had to go but it worked out best for him and that is all that matters. About a week later another one of our friends was sent down (not our original roommate) and he moved in with us. A week and a half later he got called back up. The team was on the road so when they got back another guy who had been in the big leagues got sent down so him and his wife moved in with us. Two days and I am being totally honest with you, two days later he was called back up and they packed all their stuff and I seriously heard the burn of their tires as they pulled off. JK! JK! I had to throw a little humor in this situation.

I tell you we have literally had a revolving door in this apartment. We are turning out players to St. Louis like a true host family does. I started "pimpin" out that room, you know taking offers on people who want to stay in their because they believe we "have the golden ticket" to get to St. Louis. Jess even told me to move our stuff into that bedroom. I told him no of course. Not only because I do not believe in superstitions I just think that as soon as we do move in there we will be the ones to get the boot and not a a promotion. Sorry. I am no fun and I do not want to test the waters :)

The last roommate we had was sent down on Saturday so the verdict is still out on whether they are moving back in. His wife wasn't too excited about living in our wonderful penthouse (really posthouse) apartment so who knows what they will decide. He is 22 and she just turned 23, they are young and I like to reminisce about how that used to be me and Jess packing our (excuse my language) shit up every other day trying to adjust and understand this lifestyle. It's cute though and they will get the hang of it.

I was able to see Kim, Olivia, Eve and Sumita one more time before they left. We had breakfast at my favorite place here this morning and then I sent them on their way.

Jess comes home tomorrow night and I can't wait to see him. We will then have only 9 days left in Memphis for this season. So much to do before then!

Tune in tomorrow, I have huge news! Let's just say God is so good :)

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment