Monday, August 27, 2012

Tom and Kim do Memphis!

Hi all!

Happy Monday to you all!

I hope the weekend was good to y'all! We had a nice one, it was our LAST weekend in Memphis and we did it right!

Jess' parents came to visit and got here around 4 on Friday afternoon. We kicked the weekend off with Kooky Canuck's after the game. That place is de-lish! Jess and I rarely go there because there is always a long wait. We are starving by the end of his games so we don't really like to fool around with an hour and a half wait if we are going out to dinner that night. Saturday we went to my fave place The Blue Plate. I had my usual because I figured it was going to be my last time eating there ;( The biscuits and gravy are superb! I am going to miss them so much!

After Jess went to the field Kim and I headed to an antique store that had caught my eye the other day. After I walked in I asked myself why I even came, I have limited space in the car and there was and is no way that we could put anything that I wanted/needed in the car. It was a nice little trip antiquing and I am glad she came along for the ride!

Jess pitched Saturday night and he did great! There was a little miscommunication between short stop and second base that cost Jess a run, but hey!!!! Thats not bad! The season is almost over and I am praying we just get thru it!



I snapped this pic real quick before heading back to my seat. This kid looked mesmerized by Jess, lol.

Sunday morning we took Tom and Kim to church with us! It was our last Sunday to be able to go in Memphis so we HAD to go. No ifs, ands or buts! Im glad we got to go one last time and will miss it so much! Sunday was also Kim's birthday! We went and saw Hope Springs with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones. I am glad we went without our men because that would have not gone over well! At. All. :/ It was a total chick flick, funny and awkward at times, but a good movie to watch if you want to laugh!

This morning they left and headed back to Kilgore. We had a good time and were so very glad they came!

Jess now has only 7 games left!!!!!! I am at the game right now writing this post in the family room. School started today for me too so I figured I would come to the game and watch it on the TV while I got all my assignments in my planner and read syllabus'. I am sad the season is over while Jess' is and isn't. We always get excited about going home and doing what we want but that doesn't last long. Give us a 3 week break and we are ready for season to start back up! This year will probably be a little different since we now reside in Austin and we have our new place. We have so much to learn about our new city and we are ready!

I guess I should get back to studying now. I have a busy week ahead of me and I need to hit the ground running!

I hope Monday was good to y'all!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment